GDT: New Jersey Devils @ Columbus Blue Jackets: Team Lars v. Team Palmieri - Episode Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Hate Tie DOMI

Jul 2, 2002
Ontario
He's terrible, that's all there is to it. He's worse than the Marty of 13-14 that most people (including a TON from me) wanted to immediately retire. It won't be long before he's floating into 2013 Hedberg territory.

You can argue he isn't as bad as he's been this season, but he has been bad this season. Where does he rank among goaltenders that have played 15 or more games this season? Blimpback has gotta be lower, who else?

Jonathan Bernier was down there, but he's picked it up recently.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
A friend of mine wants to bet me that Ruutu gets one point in these last 10 games.

Right now he is at 27GP 0G 0A 0PTS

I'm betting he won't.

Easiest $20 bucks I'll ever make.

37GP 0G 0A 0PTS

Feels so right.

Rutuu's going to have a lot of trouble even getting a tryout from someone next year. He should take his stolen money and run.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
BTW, ever since we traded Gelinas, this team has been bleeding goals. Just sayin'.

Because trading Gelinas had anything to do with Cory getting hurt? Gelinas wasn't even playing half the time when he was here and we were first in the league in goals against after fifty or so games.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
A friend of mine wants to bet me that Ruutu gets one point in these last 10 games.

Right now he is at 27GP 0G 0A 0PTS

I'm betting he won't.

Easiest $20 bucks I'll ever make.

37GP 0G 0A 0PTS

Feels so right.
I said a while ago that I thought he'd get at least one point and maybe one goal or just one goal/point total.

But it's looking bleak bro! Up the stakes more, I'd put up all of me belongings that are worth under $10-15$ dollars. So car and house are the only things of monetary value that I'm leaving off the table.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Jonathan Bernier was down there, but he's picked it up recently.

Alex Stalock from the Sharks was even worse too, but I don't think he even got to 15 games played this season. Maybe he did including games in which he entered in relief.

Then he was sent straight to the Marlies upon arrival to Toronto after the Reimer trade.

I Hate Tie DOMI

Jul 2, 2002
Ontario
Alex Stalock from the Sharks was even worse too, but I don't think he even got to 15 games played this season. Maybe he did including games in which he entered in relief.

Then he was sent straight to the Marlies upon arrival to Toronto after the Reimer trade.

How could we forget. Jonas Hiller. He is the worst and its not even close.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
BTW, ever since we traded Gelinas, this team has been bleeding goals. Just sayin'.

Keith Kinkaid says hello

That's not to say that Cory's play didn't drop off too.

But a bad game for him is usually 3 goals against, and a 4 goal against game where he faced 36 shots against Tampa.

With Kinkaid it's like 4, 6, 0, 1, 6, 4, 3 (in a little over a period of play)

Cory let in 3 in a half a period against Columbus too though LOL.

Typical no showing.

liquid1988

Oct 14, 2013
Exit 88 GSPW
you know whats funny, That assclown Valiquette back in November said The Devils defense will be a huge issue for them going forward. At the time I laughed saying "Nah, Merrill and Severson are going places"...Looks like he was right

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
How could we forget. Jonas Hiller. He is the worst and its not even close.

He's having one of the worst seasons a goaltender has had in the last two decades.

Not even joking.

Even good old Kari Ramo was playing at a mediocre level before injury. Mediocre is pretty respectable when compared to Hiller or even this season's Kinkaid.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
you know whats funny, That assclown Valiquette back in November said The Devils defense will be a huge issue for them going forward. At the time I laughed saying "Nah, Merrill and Severson are going places"...Looks like he was right

He's wrong. Merrill is bad but don't write off Severson.

liquid1988

Oct 14, 2013
Exit 88 GSPW
Soon....
18136758-standard.jpg

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Let's not overreact too much here.

The goaltending is making the defense look like a complete joke here. That's not to say the defense was very good, but goals 3 and 6 were ones that usually are saved every game. A couple of the post hits were goals that would have been stoppable ones on the goaltenders if they went in. At least one of the ones on Kinkaid and the Danis weak ass and slow glove hand on the one against him before he allowed any goals. Bobrovsky probably made those saves tonight, and even Dano probably didn't even realize them or hype them up like he does all the saves goalies make against us.

But having replacement level D like Helgeson and Warsofsky in there isn't helping the defense either. And both were in against Anaheim in that blowout, and Helgeson was in there tonight.

Moore and Merrill aren't very good, but I'd still give them a longer leash than some of those guys. Severson is probably scared of being scratched for the next mistake that Merrill or Helgeson make.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I could have retired on betting against the Devils when they play the Blowjackets past couple years.
It is almost to the point that the Jackets are my breaking into my top 5 most hated teams

Rangers
Penguins
Flyers
Hurricanes
Jackets

Honourable mentions to the Leafs Oliers and Canucks as I live in Western Canada and that's all I ever hear about for teams
To the point where it is sickening

all coverage with canadian teams is sickening….lottery draw and draft day is going to be stupid like weve never seen before

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad