Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
45784742.jpg

I just caught this...

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Burakovsky95*

A hater is irrationally disliking somebody for no reason.

Thinking somebody isn't very good is not a hater.

We're using the same modern definition of hate correct? If we are you don't really understand it.

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
We're using the same modern definition of hate correct? If we are you don't really understand it.

I do understand it. People don't use it correctly at all.

For instance, I'm a hater of Troy Brouwer. Even when he does well, I don't care. He ****ing sucks and nothing will change that. I don't think Holtby is very good, but I'll give him his due when he deserves it like tonight.

There's a difference.

Burakovsky95*

I do understand it. People don't use it correctly at all.

For instance, I'm a hater of Troy Brouwer. Even when he does well, I don't care. He ****ing sucks and nothing will change that. I don't think Holtby is very good, but I'll give him his due when he deserves it like tonight.

There's a difference.

It's not meant to be used "correctly" but this is a stupid argument lol.

I'm just saying Holtby has had a nice 2 games and people were throwing criticism his way very recently. He needs a long roll of starts and will be fine.

Mickstix

Nov 30, 2010
Central Florida
Can we at least fire Calle over the break, before he ruins the "new kids"??

WTF Wilson TOI 5:29?? He must of said something to someone about ice time.. Oates making another example out of a newcomer.. :shakehead

But, nice blue collar like win!! Will take it!! ;)

ryan519*

you can just see schneider shaking his head after we scored the second empty netter. has a fantastic game and he gets that result, the devils dont deserve him. i cant see him resigning with them, one offer with a more offensively gifted team and hes gone. devs top scorer is 41 lol..

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
I think the first goal might get credited to Erat. After watching the replay it looks like the puck was re-directed by Erat's stick.

Erat might have 2 goals.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Nice win after looking like a possible 1-0 loser. Another solid win for Holtby. Hilarious Ovy getting the puck for Erat.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I am stunned Kolzig has let Holtby go back to tending naturally. While it was maybe Oates the entire time trying to out think a simple sport, Kolzig should have told Oates he is an idiot, if so.

"Koltending" has cost us 20+ goals and countless points. It demoralized the entire team and did untold damage.

I would say he saved his job by abandoning his utterly stupid stunt, but being a former caps and all, his job was never in jeopardy. Just like Calle.

Now with normal goaltending, we are back!

Congrats to the rookie mouthpiece getting his first goal

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I am stunned Kolzig has let Holtby go back to tending naturally. While it was maybe Oates the entire time trying to out think a simple sport, Kolzig should have told Oates he is an idiot, if so.

"Koltending" has cost us 20+ goals and countless points. It demoralized the entire team and did untold damage.

I would say he saved his job by abandoning his utterly stupid stunt, but being a former caps and all, his job was never in jeopardy. Just like Calle.

Now with normal goaltending, we are back!

Congrats to the rookie mouthpiece getting his first goal

you know....I had not considered this, but RH....you make me consider it. McPhee's slip about the goaltending to Michaletti. We have all figure that was a shot at the goalies. Maybe that was a shot across the bow of the coaching. Be it Oates or Kolzig that was demanding all this change in their playing styles.

Sure enough after that comment, the goaltending has been pretty solid. So, whoever that comment was pointed at, it seems to have struck its intended target.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Wilson gets 5 minutes after coming from arguably his best game of the season while Laich gets some shifts in the 1st line. :help:

Good win, nice to see Holtby ignoring Kolzig.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Wilson gets 5 minutes after coming from arguably his best game of the season while Laich gets some shifts in the 1st line. :help:

Good win, nice to see Holtby ignoring Kolzig.

on the surface I would agree with this sentiment. but I am pretty sure that this was a result of a heavy amount of special teams time in this game.

Roughing

Oct 11, 2010
Frederick, MD
Winning despite the coaches. #capshockey

Adding Kuz, Green, and Latta and making Laich disappear might get this team to the loffs...

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
laich is diminished because of injury. so, its not that hard. his health effect is portability too.
the best hope for laich is that he get healthy, get his confidence back and get his game back.
the 15-25 goal all situations brooks laich is valueable. if this is the best he will be from here out,
he's untradeable and a buyout.

Last edited:

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
Thank goodness this team is well coached:

1. Agent pressure forces Orlov in the lineup.
2. Agent pressure forces Erat in the lineup.
3. Neuvy defies coaching and plays some good hockey.
4. Holtby follows Neuvy's lead and gets back into a form.
5. Erksine is replaced because of injury.

-----------------------------------------------

Those are some major improvements. Now how do you get Brouwer out of the top six and MoJo back to center and Erat to RW and Wilson a chance in the top six? Agents, player defiance, illness/sickness?

If this team had some competent coaching they'd have 10 plus extra points without wasting assets to get Miller. And maybe they'd have a system and sense of direction and identity to boot.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
@EdFrankovic: Holtby said he & Olie have been talking & he is playing the way he has always played the last 2 games.

Thank goodness. Holtby had to be looking at his career possibly going down the tubes or at least a trade to a team where he could play his own game had he not done this.

My only question at this point is was Neuvy REALLY sick for the last 2 games (but still on the bench) or was Holtby given his job back after it was realized Olie screwed him up...

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
That's some stellar coaching right there.

Good on Holtby for having the nerve to tell his completely unqualified coach to shove it.

That's another question...did Holtby initiate the conversation or did Kolzig? As txpd noted maybe GMGM's comment about goaltending costing the team 10 points (clearly NOT a careless remark, imo) wasn't really about setting the stage for a trade, maybe it was a message to Kolzig. Or at least it was taken that way. Olie sees the writing on the wall and thinks "uh oh, better cut the losses and let this guy do what he does and hope I still look good because of it". Or something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad