Post-Game Talk: New Jersey Devils at New York Rangers 12/27/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

yrrebbor

Jan 21, 2014
New York, NY
January is going to be a tough month. 3 easy games all month. Sabres/Canes/Sens and very good teams rest of the way.

It will be a test to see how this team does against cup contenders, and to think about trade deadline needs to make the finals again.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
consequently, when Glass scratched, there were posts about how good He had look recently...

Coincidence, it is not

I didn't think 1 player could drag 4th line down that much. When Glass had the mumps and was scratched though, the 4th line looked good. Glass literally drags down Moore and Fast. Its actually amazing that he's THAT bad

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
“@PLeonardNYDN: Vigneault adds Miller "could have played better" against the Caps & thought Stempniak playing was the "right thing for the team" #NYR ????â€

I wish he would elaborate WHAT he didn't do well....

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Fun game to be at. My phone blew up after the hat trick goal because I guess they showed my melon of a head on TV.

Sorry, guys. :biglaugh:

ltsthinaz

Dec 20, 2011
Kingman, Arizona
Stempniak has basically done nothing since the first few weeks of the season. Sitting Miller for him is ridiculous.

Wondering if they are showcasing JMoore and Stempniak to package for a physical winger or someone who can win faceoffs. I think everyone knows this is a very, very good team (far superior to last year, IMHO), but a poor power play and 30% faceoff wins will mean an upset in the playoffs.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I didn't think 1 player could drag 4th line down that much. When Glass had the mumps and was scratched though, the 4th line looked good. Glass literally drags down Moore and Fast. Its actually amazing that he's THAT bad

i REALLY hope the analytics department is looking at these stats... while he's not a complete liability on the ice, Glass contributes nothing to the teams play... another minus for him tonight...

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Wondering if they are showcasing JMoore and Stempniak to package for a physical winger or someone who can win faceoffs. I think everyone knows this is a very, very good team (far superior to last year, IMHO), but a poor power play and 30% faceoff wins will mean an upset in the playoffs.

that would be absolutely ideal...

lets hope for the best. Maybe we can throw Glass in that trade too

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Decided to take in the Pinstripe Bowl today (what a game that was) and missed the entirety of this one.

Brief rundown of how we looked overall if anyone would be so kind?

Megustaelhockey

Apr 29, 2011
Decided to take in the Pinstripe Bowl today (what a game that was) and missed the entirety of this one.

Brief rundown of how we looked overall if anyone would be so kind?

Cory Schneider and the referees kept this game from being a laugher. Tentative first period, good second period, held on for the third.

Hottest team in hockey. :)

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Something was clearly said to Kreider since last game.

I thought he was our worst forward on Tuesday and tonight was his best game in months. Wouldn't surprise me if AV threatened to give him time in the pressbox, because he deserved it.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
No AV no! Was John Moore the right thing too? Tanner Glass? Stop playing favorites and play JTM.

AV has proven he knows how to push the right buttons more often than not. This single move or that single move may - in a vacuum - be wrong. But taken as a whole, AV has been terrific. He knows his players. Love him!

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Fun game to be at. My phone blew up after the hat trick goal because I guess they showed my melon of a head on TV.

Sorry, guys. :biglaugh:
I was standing up clapping for like 30 seconds like a jackass at the Nash empty netter. I was like "huh no goal horn I guess" :laugh:

Megustaelhockey

Apr 29, 2011
Yup... just saw ourselves on the rewind after the Stepan hat trick goal.

Looked like:
clapping-minions-gif.gif

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
H8ers gonna h8

but they caption it

"STEPHAN'S HAT TRICK VS. DEVILS LEADS RANGERS TO EIGHTH STRAIGHT WIN"

I guess h8rs gon h8 after all.

Of all the European names that the hockey community gets right and pronounces correctly, Stepan for some reason trips everyone up a lot.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
H8ers gonna h8

but they caption it

"STEPHAN'S HAT TRICK VS. DEVILS LEADS RANGERS TO EIGHTH STRAIGHT WIN"

I guess h8rs gon h8 after all.

Of all the European names that the hockey community gets right and pronounces correctly, Stepan for some reason trips everyone up a lot.

Thing is it's exactly how it's pronounced too. Step-an. I don't GET it.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Something was clearly said to Kreider since last game.

I thought he was our worst forward on Tuesday and tonight was his best game in months. Wouldn't surprise me if AV threatened to give him time in the pressbox, because he deserved it.

Sad truth, it has been a while for Kreids. He wasn't floating out there like a dead fish this game, a lot more engaged. Took the body, skated at full speed, even raced after a puck to cancel an icing.

Still didn't drive the net to generate shots, but hey it was something that didn't resemble indifferent play.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Sad truth, it has been a while for Kreids. He wasn't floating out there like a dead fish this game, a lot more engaged. Took the body, skated at full speed, even raced after a puck to cancel an icing.

Still didn't drive the net to generate shots, but hey it was something that didn't resemble indifferent play.

he looked especially good in the last half of the game.... havent seem him play like that since last playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad