GDT: New Jersey Devils (21-5-1) @ New York Rangers (14-10-5), 7 PM, MSG, MSGSN, NHLN

First goal of the game?

• Tomas Tatar

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Nico Hischier

Votes: 15 16.9%
  • Jesper Bratt

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Erik Haula

Votes: 18 20.2%
  • Jack Hughes

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Dawson Mercer

Votes: 7 7.9%
  • Miles Wood

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Michael McLeod

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Fabian Zetterlund

• Yegor Sharangovich

• Jesper Boqvist

• Alex Holtz

• Jonas Siegenthaler

Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Dougie Hamilton

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Ryan Graves

• John Marino

• Brendan Smith

• Damon Severson

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
One thing that’s really worth bitching about and I’m not sure how much it’s been talked about but…..

Was it honestly a good idea to only play the 4th line for 4-5 minutes and go balls to the wall with everybody else on the first half of a back to back?

That was a highly questionable decision.

Just get Holtz outta there and put in Johnsson.

I know we don’t like Johnsson, but he’s a better player right now than Holtz.

We can’t be giving guys 3.5 minutes (literally what Boqvist played tonight) and playing that line line it’s Boulton-Mills-Janssen.

Sharangovich needs to be playing more.

Now that I see how much everybody else played, I’m not sure if I’m feeling so good about tomorrow.

You're not wrong, but in those seriously limited minutes, Holtz missed his assignment twice and forced VV to make some big saves, and Rango cost us a goal by losing his check when Siegs pinched.

They deserved benching, but we basically need better players with Yegor.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Looks like there is a reason behind it though .. we will see tomorrow if it is warranted 👍
There’s no reason behind it. We’re 6 point ahead in our division (10 points from the wild card) with games in hand on pretty much everyone. We played a good game tonight. If you want to take a 2-3 game losing streak to represent this team instead of their whole workload this year, that’s on you, but I care for all my fellow HFBoards member’s sanities, so I wouldn’t recommend it! ;)

Let’s take it easy! The team is good but, as a young team, up and downs will happen. Just have to not let it get sunken too deep. As I said, we still have 8 points out of the last possible 12. We’re still in a good spot!

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
One thing that’s really worth bitching about and I’m not sure how much it’s been talked about but…..

Was it honestly a good idea to only play the 4th line for 4-5 minutes and go balls to the wall with everybody else on the first half of a back to back?

That was a highly questionable decision.

Just get Holtz outta there and put in Johnsson.

I know we don’t like Johnsson, but he’s a better player right now than Holtz.

We can’t be giving guys 3.5 minutes (literally what Boqvist played tonight) and playing that line line it’s Boulton-Mills-Janssen.

Sharangovich needs to be playing more.

Now that I see how much everybody else played, I’m not sure if I’m feeling so good about tomorrow.
They played 2 games in 8 days before this, they can’t be that tired.

They’re also coming home from a game in Manhattan too, which has to be the shortest commute for an away game in the NHL.

When there’s a lot of travel and a compressed schedule I can see guys getting tired, a few more minutes of ice time shouldn’t be a problem for tomorrow.

They obviously need more out of the bottom six in the next game.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I don't know what is so surprising about what I said, NJDevs. lol

I mean that's what you just described.
It's not...more like an OH MY use of the gif

But really basketball's the only example where you literally can pick a guy to foul, the penalty shots in hockey and soccer happen in the flow of the play.

Reactions: glenwo2

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Most of the goals were no chance, but you need a save on the OT winner.

Goes through his arm. It’s close to a one timer. Not quite, Chytil didn’t have the puck too long before unloading it. It was a quick release, but it traveled through the goalie to get into the back of the net and not around or over him.

Reactions: billingtons ghost

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Most of the goals were no chance, but you need a save on the OT winner.

Goes through his arm. It’s close to a one timer. Not quite, but it was a quick release, but it traveled through the goalie to get into the back of the net and not around or over him.
Solid Damon screen as well

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Hmmm...some people seem to be active again after a loss to the Rangers...

giphy.gif

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
Played a strong 3rd, sucks but we got a point. Really wish Jack snapped a wrist shot on the penalty shot. Things are starting to even out now after a hot start. We're still banking points which is the important part if you can't get a win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad