GDT: New Jersey Devils (21-5-1) @ New York Rangers (14-10-5), 7 PM, MSG, MSGSN, NHLN

First goal of the game?

• Tomas Tatar

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Nico Hischier

Votes: 15 16.9%
  • Jesper Bratt

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Erik Haula

Votes: 18 20.2%
  • Jack Hughes

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Dawson Mercer

Votes: 7 7.9%
  • Miles Wood

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Michael McLeod

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Fabian Zetterlund

• Yegor Sharangovich

• Jesper Boqvist

• Alex Holtz

• Jonas Siegenthaler

Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Dougie Hamilton

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Ryan Graves

• John Marino

• Brendan Smith

• Damon Severson

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
Also to the doom and gloomers. We make fun, but this rags team isn’t bad. They’ve been massively underperforming. They are top 10 in xGF and in corsi. Devils played them really well , special teams costed them.

Yeah. Rangers have won 4 in a row too. They’re a solid team but I feel good about our chances against them going forward, especially with a healthy lineup. Palat and Bastian back gives us some extra oomph along the boards.

Reactions: Dialamo

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey

The key to success, Cap. And also:

nico-hischier-wake-up-have-a-good-breakfast.gif

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
we were not as good as our winning streak. We're still a good team. Rangers are a good team too. RELAX. It's a good thing we banked those points.

I mean we've played that exact game during our win streaks and won. Shesty was the difference maker tonight and our awful powerplay. The Jack Hughes penalty shot save was probably the biggest momentum shifts I've ever seen in my years of watching hockey.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I’d like to see Zetterlund back with Nico and Tatar and Bratt back with Jack and Dawson. It probably throws the other lines out of whack though but Zetts deserves more ice time.
I'd def get Zetterlund back with Tatar and Nico. Mercer is tricky. I think I'd rather have him with Jack too although I hate what they're doing with Sharangovich and Boqvist and Mercer might be able to help there.

Mr Bojanglez

Aug 17, 2007
From Jersey w/ Love
I mean we've played that exact game during our win streaks and won. Shesty was the difference maker tonight and our awful powerplay. The Jack Hughes penalty shot save was probably the biggest momentum shifts I've ever seen in my years of watching hockey.

i said it before. Teams should have the option to decline the shot, and take a power play.

Kudos to Igor - he made a good save.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba

Ugh. Jack had him down and out too. Was a nice move but he was in just a bit too close.

Reactions: billingtons ghost

Camille the Eel

It’s fair and I understand. I just want to find a way to get all lines going. Mostly to get Zetterlund back into a heavier role.
and to get Sharangovich more involved. We need scoring and he’s a natural scorer. Some of the balance in the scoring has fallen away these past couple weeks. It’s up to Lindy to find the combos that utilize our strengths to the best advantage.

Drivingrain

Jan 17, 2021
Jack’s line created two goals tonight. I’d leave them be. Hischier’s line created one. I probably leave them intact for now.

Yeah, have to let that one be. Haula not being able to finish (ever) is a steep price to pay for all the other positives he brings, but production is production and they're producing. But my mind often wanders to what Jack could do with 2 wingers that could score.

Reactions: My3Sons

yehyeh

Devils. Devils? Yeah, Devils.
Dec 17, 2011
NNJ
As much as I like self torture, I can't bring myself to re watch the game to try to make sense of the "advanced stats" that say we played a better game. Say what you want about the refs, goals aside, I didn't think we were the better team tonight, even before OT. Apparently, I'm smoking meth because Twitter stat charts show that
I've just released a big cloud of meth smoke.

Reactions: My3Sons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark