GDT: New Jersey Devils 2 @ Philadelphia Flyers 5 - Oct. 20, 2018

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
The time the complaining itself is a problem is when people are complaining about things that aren’t actually problems.

For example, if someone is complaining about the overall play (not an individual mistake) of the players who’re carrying the team or complaining because they’re impatient with prospects, then those people deserve to be mocked and ridiculed.

But complaining/venting/memeing about things that are legitimately massive problems is one of the main uses of the internet in general. :laugh: If you don’t like that then you’re in the wrong place, my dude. That’ll never stop and it shouldn’t.

Proportional criticism is fine. This isn’t.

Anyway, I’m firmly tired of this.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
The time the complaining itself is a problem is when people are complaining about things that aren’t actually problems.

For example, if someone is complaining about the overall play (not an individual mistake) of the players who’re carrying the team or complaining because they’re impatient with prospects, then those people deserve to be mocked and ridiculed.

But complaining/venting/memeing about things that are legitimately massive problems is one of the main uses of the internet in general. :laugh: If you don’t like that then you’re in the wrong place, my dude. That’ll never stop and it shouldn’t.
LMAO.

Says the guy who continues to complain about Robert Hagg, a 1.15M per year Dman on his 2nd contract, who is tied for the defense lead in points with 5 in 8 games, playing under 18 mins a game, and also tied for the lead among D in +/- at +2.

Please. Keep lecturing us about complaining about things that aren’t a problem.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
2018-19 Philadelphia Flyers Roster and Statistics | Hockey-Reference.com

Average time in ice. You'll see that Couturier, Giroux, Voracek, Simmonds and Laughton average more ice time than Konecny. But that's ok though. You continue to use your narrative in even strength ice time. I forgot that you don't measure special teams time because the goals scored there don't count.

We also wouldn't Hakstol too reward young players like Patrick or Sanheim either with ice time when they have a great game because we wouldn't want him showing up the veterans, even the mediocre ones who have no future with the club. Can't let those scrubs go to waste after all.

Once again, your narrative on supporting Hakstol and his archaic and idiotic ice time decisions is laughable.

What's even funnier, or sadder, is that you've convinced yourself that Hakstol can do no wrong and that his method of bringing players along is the ideal way.

You mention how Provorov and Gostisbehere play more to 'prove' Hak doesn't have it or for young players. Provorov basically have him no choice and want it Gostisbehere who said at the end of year two that he stopped listening to Hakstol?

But hey let's not let facts get in the way though......

EDIT: Anyone can play the narrative game and cherry pick stats to fit an agenda. It's pretty easy to manipulate numbers.
What playing time did Patrick earn this season?

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
I’m genuinely curious if Hagg will keep getting scapegoated for being a 1.15M defenseman who leads his team D in points with 5 in 8 games.

smoochy

Oct 12, 2018
LMAO.

Says the guy who continues to complain about Robert Hagg, a 1.15M per year Dman on his 2nd contract, who is tied for the defense lead in points with 5 in 8 games, playing under 18 mins a game, and also tied for the lead among D in +/- at +2.

No kidding. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
It's not about the player, it's about the usage.

Please, keep rolling Hagg out there for 17 minutes at 5v5 against top competition. Surely everything will be fine.

Surely.

e95sJkv.gif

Harhis

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
I want to make a bot that quotes these tweets at a poster every single time they defend Honk

But I know it won't accomplish anything, because they will still blindly defend him.

This just makes too much sense.

-Veteran plays bad and Sanheim plays bad. Sanheim gets minutes reduced or gets to sit, vet who is playing bad gets his minutes.
-Veteran plays bad and Sanheim plays well. Sanheim doesn't get more minutes, vet needs to get his minutes.

Makes all the sense in the world.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
LMAO.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA only from the five or six. Ghost had the worst game on saturday but who cares right. Top players are still looking bad and slow but lets blame the 4th line who played solid.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad