Proposal: New Jersey cleaning house - Trades with TOR, VAN, VGK, BOS, EDM

Zezel22

Mar 9, 2018
There will be more than 1 team interested in Vatanen at a price of a 2nd round pick. At that point, Fitz just chooses whichever team he thinks will be the weakest (so the pick is as high as possible). That will probably trigger someone to add a 3rd/4th or a prospect.

Sure but we're talking about literally the best rental defenseman on the market. There will be multiple buyers.

Who hasnt played in a month. There are already enough concerns for deadline guys having enough time to mesh with his new team. This guy is now either missing time off the bat - making that transition more challenging one would assume, or having to shake off rust while transitioning to new team, or both.

No argument about him being best rental DMan or what his true value is. But with these factors considered I'm preparing for the value to be less than what we all hoped/thought

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Who hasnt played in a month. There are already enough concerns for deadline guys having enough time to mesh with his new team. This guy is now either missing time off the bat - making that transition more challenging one would assume, or having to shake off rust while transitioning to new team, or both.

No argument about him being best rental DMan or what his true value is. But with these factors considered I'm preparing for the value to be less than what we all hoped/thought
He is apparently ok to play (last two games) but they are resting/sitting him in fear that they lose any assets maybe coming their way. It was a shot off foot/leg, but I hear ya.

Zezel22

Mar 9, 2018
He is apparently ok to play (last two games) but they are resting/sitting him in fear that they lose any assets maybe coming their way. It was a shot off foot/leg, but I hear ya.

Report from Wachter just now says hes not even skating on own. If he was fine to return he would be doing that. Bad result for Devils.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
lmfao

Hischier is very small now, huh? He’s listed 6’1” and is near 6’2” - look up his draft combine height. The kid is adding weight every offseason.
He’s a buck 75. What are you talking about?

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
He’s a buck 75. What are you talking about?

He’s over 180 easy and he’ll end up 190-195. The last two camps there have been articles referencing the weight he’s added from the previous year.

EDIT: His official weight at the combine was 178 and he added 8 pounds in the 2018 offseason.

What games are you watching?

Last edited:

Devils Army

Rebuild Over.
Feb 3, 2014
New Jersey
Seriously, if Jersey wants to compete some day they are going to have to move one of their two very small centres. It’s really hard to win in the NHL with your top minute centres bring small. So, if I were Jersey I’d be moving Hischier for a stud number one D man, or a stud number two centre with lots and lots of size.
Looks like this guy has never watched Hischier play

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
Proposal aside, theres no shot Vegas’ top-6 is too strong for Palmieri to be shoved out

Palmieri is 8th among RW in goals the last half decade, and has managed a 25 goals every season on real bad teams
And Vegas has the number 10 and 16 RW in goals, who happen to be 7th and 14th in points to Palmieri's 16th in points. So there is a shot he wouldn't be one of the top 2 RW on the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00