Proposal: New Jersey cleaning house - Trades with TOR, VAN, VGK, BOS, EDM

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
Retain 50%, Take out AA or next years 2nd and I would be ok with it.

If retaining 50%....that means NJD is eating $7.3 million for next year ($6.3 million if they buy out Backes). That's a big number. I'd think this deal would be fine as: Bakes, Urho, Axel, 1st, 2nd....for Palmieri at half price.

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia
For me, it's kind of whatever. I need decent value to trade PK, I think, otherwise I'll just use him up next year for minutes and see if Seattle will take him in the expansion draft. We aren't going anywhere next season, PK is a big boy making a lot of money to get his butt kicked while eating minutes. There's a certain value in that tbh lol.

I'm open to trading him, but I'm not going to look to try and just get out from under him with regards to salary and the like.

I don't see Seattle taking PK. Unless they get a sweetener thrown in, I can't picture it.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
It would need to be a lot more than 50% retained for the Leafs to take Subban. Even then I dont think we'd do it. Its Dubas though, so all bets are off.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
He's included in the deal basically just as something going the other way. The deal is basically Devils are giving Edmonton cap space to make a deadline addition, and EDM has to give up JP to do so.

Huh? A 7th and an ECHL player for Gagner and Puljujarvi? How generous.

awegrzyn

Jun 17, 2014
I don't think Subban is trade able. It was a horrible trade to get him at that price. I'm not sure what they were thinking.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
Huh? A 7th and an ECHL player for Gagner and Puljujarvi? How generous.

See the deal makes sense because they want Puljujarvi but aren't willing to part with anything of value to do it.

I say Edmonton should do it, conditional on the Oilers also trading Kris Russell and Brandon Manning for Jack Hughes and Pavel Zacha.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Oilers trade pizza boy for a guy in the echl?

So we are giving away pizza boy fir a 7th?

Gaganer is a UFA shortly so not much cap relief there

How about Neal instead of Gagner?

Oilers are not giving away pizza boy for a guy who can not make the AHL

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
So, Edmonton is trading Puljujarvi for a mediocre ECHLer and a 7th round pick? Awful. Zero interest. No, it doesn’t matter that you’re taking Gagner, he’s another NHL body that we can’t afford to lose with all our injuries.

ADD-devil950003

Dec 6, 2006
NY
Maybe that the Devils had piles of capspace and cost essentially just salary . Oh and their defence was/is the worst in the NHL .

Yea I don’t blame Ray for going after someone. If I recall correctly his first option was Trouba but the Jets wanted a first and NJ didn’t have an extra first to spare and the NYR did. Subban was the next option imo. Ray swung for the fences hoping PK’s kind of disappointing season with The preds was an anomaly. It wasn’t though, and PK hasn’t regressed hard this year. I think part of it was the getting used to a new team, absolutely horrible coaching, and PK trying to do too much with a not so great cast of other dmen to pair him with. PK has been playing better as has the team since Hall and Hynes departed. I also think he can regain form to a certain extent. The Norris winner will most likely never be back but he still has a ton of talent.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Five New Jersey Devils trade deadline proposals
TOR, VAN, VGK address needs
BOS, EDM clear much needed cap space to make additional upgrades to their roster ahead of Monday's deadline.

Toronto receives:
PK Subban @ 50% retained salary

New Jersey receives:
Kasperi Kapanen
Vancouver receives:
Wayne Simmonds

New Jersey receives:
2020 3rd round pick
Vegas receives:
Kyle Palmieri
Sami Vatanen @50% retained salary
Kevin Rooney

New Jersey receives:
2020 1st round pick
Alex Tuch
Cody Eakin
Valentin Zykov
Edmonton receives:
Nikita Popugayev
2020 7th round pick

New Jersey receives:
Jesse Puljajarvi
Sam Gagner
Boston receives:
Brandon Gignac

New Jersey receives:
David Backes
2020 2nd round pick
2021 2nd round pick
Canucks decline.

Pitaya

Prince of the Alps, Nico Hischier
Dec 14, 2019
Awful for Vegas. They don't need Palmieri for their 3rd line.

Edmonton says no.
Proposal aside, theres no shot Vegas’ top-6 is too strong for Palmieri to be shoved out

Palmieri is 8th among RW in goals the last half decade, and has managed a 25 goals every season on real bad teams

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
Oof. PK looks like hes breaking down. Can only imagine a couple years from now.. 4.5 is a fine number but not what the Leafs need at the cost of Kapanen.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Seriously, if Jersey wants to compete some day they are going to have to move one of their two very small centres. It’s really hard to win in the NHL with your top minute centres bring small. So, if I were Jersey I’d be moving Hischier for a stud number one D man, or a stud number two centre with lots and lots of size.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
I wouldn't mind getting a real backup goaltender for Jersey so they can believe they win a game when Blackwood isn't in net. id really like Mike Smith but he's a UFA after this season and I don't know if the Oilers have a goalie prospect that can take the backup duties behind Koski.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Pass from Vegas. I wouldn't mind trading Tuch as he seems to need a change of scenery to get going but I don't think those assets are the ones we need at that price. Even with retention.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Seriously, if Jersey wants to compete some day they are going to have to move one of their two very small centres. It’s really hard to win in the NHL with your top minute centres bring small. So, if I were Jersey I’d be moving Hischier for a stud number one D man, or a stud number two centre with lots and lots of size.

"very small"

holy shit, this is f***ing wild. i hate this place

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad