New ISS top 30 (Mar. 15th)

R S

Sep 18, 2006
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/12876/iss_top30_risers_and_fallers_march2011

1. Nugent-Hopkins, Ryan, F 4/12/93 L 6.00.5 170 Red Deer WHL
2. Larsson, Adam, RD 11/12/92 R 6.03 209 Skelleftea SweE
3. Landeskog, Gabriel, LW 11/23/92 L 6.00.25 205 Kitchener OHL
4. Couturier, Sean, C 12/7/92 L 6.04 195 Drummondville QMJHL
5. Murphy, Ryan, RD 3/31/93 R 5.10.25 168 Kitchener OHL
6. Strome, Ryan, C 7/11/93 R 6.00.25 183 Niagara OHL
7. Hamilton, Douglas, RD 6/17/93 R 6.04 190 Niagara OHL
8. Biggs, Tyler, RW 4/30/93 R 6.02 210 USA Under-18 USHL
9. Huberdeau, Jonathan C/L 6/4/93 L 6'1.25 168 Saint John QMJHL
10. Siemens, Duncan, LD 9/7/93 L 6.03 197 Saskatoon WHL

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Falling

Brent Benson, C, Saskatoon Blades
As of March 6th Benson had gone 12 straight games without a goal and had only bulged the twine once in his last 19 games. Benson has been extremely enigmatic this year and has impressed in some ISS viewings but then disappeared the next night. Benson needs to improve his consistency and demonstrate some evolved versatility down the stretch and through a long playoff run if he is going to undo the damage done by his lengthy drought. A highly touted bantam pick, the sky is falling a bit around Benson and although he is still likely to be selected in this June's NHL draft, his stock is dropping drastically.

Fail.

It's called the acquisition of Brayden Schenn forcing Brent Benson down to the Blades third line, and into a new checking role.

Benson has done a great job at both ends of the ice, despite a lengthy goal scoring streak (ended a 14 game drought last game against Edmonton).

And hell, the guy isn't going to get drafted because of his offensive abilities. Benson WILL be drafted because he has a high end motor, is very good defensively and can fill a number of different roles to a tee.

Jul 4, 2010
Puempel at 30!? Seriously? I know he just had hip surgery but if he really falls that far someone is getting a steal.

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
Think about the chances of stealing Pumple in the second round (after watching that list), that would be INSANE.

Nermark at #29, interesting. Haven't seen him in the 1st round for a long time, if ever.

Gobo

Stop looking Gare
Jun 29, 2010
If Zibenejad stays there I want to see the Oilers trying to trade LAK 1st + Omark/Cogliano to move up and grab him.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Puempel at 30!? Seriously? I know he just had hip surgery but if he really falls that far someone is getting a steal.

I'd much prefer he falls to 31:naughty:

I really want the Oilers to land McNeil with the LA pick, but I don't think thats realistic given he is playing lights out lately, much like the Kings. Now turning my hopes to Oleksiak (who also might be unrealistic) or Myles Bell. Perhaps the OP, given his extensive knowledge of the Blades, could give an Oiler fan an extensive scouting report on Bell?

Defensive Forward

Aug 5, 2010
Ontario
Nicklas Jensen at number 11? :amazed:

I was a fan of his at the beginning of the year, but lately I haven't had a TV. Has he really played well enough to deserve that ranking?

Also I think that Boone Jenner should still be a top 30 pick, but again I haven't got to see a lot of OHL hockey lately.

Could an Ontarian please enlighten me on these issues?

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Colin Jacobs does not belong on this list

Yeah, he's really slowed down the last half of the year. More insight into why exactly? I've only seen him once live this year.

I still like him as a late 2nd round pick.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
So Edmonton gets to choose between:

1. Tomas Jurco
2. Zack Phillips
3. Vladislav Namestnikov
4. Jonas Brodin
5. Stefan Noesen
6. Boone Jenner
7. Mark Scheifele

Those are some pretty good players to not make the first round... Not sure if I missed anyone else.

sg58

Jul 15, 2008
So Edmonton gets to choose between:

1. Tomas Jurco
2. Zack Phillips
3. Vladislav Namestnikov
4. Jonas Brodin
5. Stefan Noesen
6. Boone Jenner
7. Mark Scheifele

Those are some pretty good players to not make the first round... Not sure if I missed anyone else.

Oscar Klefbom is just outside as well and may be as attractive a pick for many as Brodin, depending on performance during the U18's.

SeattleShark

Jul 16, 2010
Yeah, he's really slowed down the last half of the year. More insight into why exactly? I've only seen him once live this year.

The whole team has slowed down and he plays with crappy linemates so i think that may be it. The team moved him to RW as well so maybe he is adjusting to that? I see the talent in him he is big, a good skater, great shot, and he is aggresive but he just isnt putting up points. He is immature, takes a lot of penalties and also constantly runs his mouth on the ice. Kid has potential but i wouldnt take him any higher than mid second

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

It's hard to pinpoint because I wouldn't say confidence, but a mix of inconsistency and just lack of fire. He is blowing his last season stats out of the water, but he can be so much more. In the first half he was playing a top line roll and now he's playing more of a 3rd line grinder with time of the PP. The season has been long and very frustrating for the Thunderbirds and I would take this part of the reason. Just like the Avs this year.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Assuming the Oilers pick first, I wonder if they will take Nugent-Hopkins over Larsson. They definitely could use a first line center(he could make the perfect compliment to Hall) as well as defense

Canuck71*

jensen and zibanejad are both in the area of the nashville pick.

perfect.

If Ottawa manages to grab one of these two players, they are getting the most underrated prospects in this draft. They both have boatloads of potential and should be considered top 10 prospects.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Assuming the Oilers pick first, I wonder if they will take Nugent-Hopkins over Larsson. They definitely could use a first line center(he could make the perfect compliment to Hall) as well as defense

They'll probably take Couturier because he weighs more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad