Speculation: New Head Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

floridada

Jan 31, 2009
Florida
They want the most amount of local sports news exposure. Wait a couple days and you'll likely be the number one story on local sports news.

Like that means anything down here. When we traded for Luongo it got like a 20 second clip on the local news.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
@engelheather: Per source, #Habs assistant coach Gerard Gallant is among the three finalists for the #FlaPanthers coaching vacancy.

She's an AP sports journalist so I'll take that at value. 3rd I'm guessing is Bylsma.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Not really sure what the big deal is. Who cares if we get on the news or not? If we hire Bylsma, i'm sure something will be said on the news because it's Bylsma. We'll have coverage next week either way because of the draft.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
I don't understand what the Heat losing in the Finals has to do with the Panthers head coaching job either. The local news is going to talk about this for the rest of the week and even a Marlins game might get more exposure than the decision they make. How many non-hockey fans really care about who they hire anyway?

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
You know the media has to exhaust the "why did the Heat lose" question first :laugh:

That will take two months plus. Melo talk to follow blah blah blah. Pacers should go get Rindo and knock Heat down another peg next year.

Back to topic: Panthers announcing tomorrow or next day makes no difference. Heat will take all south Florida/national attention well into the summer.

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
I don't understand what the Heat losing in the Finals has to do with the Panthers head coaching job either. The local news is going to talk about this for the rest of the week and even a Marlins game might get more exposure than the decision they make. How many non-hockey fans really care about who they hire anyway?

I figured the Panthers were just waiting for the end of the Stanley Cup Final and today is also the celebration/parade for the Kings to not take publicity away from them (as if it would).

hockeydude1

#CatsAreComing
Mar 9, 2008
Florida
Per George Richards

"#FlaPanthers GM Dale Tallon says he hopes to have a new coach hired by the end of this week but says it could happen next week."

"#FlaPanthers Dale Tallon wouldn't name names, but said the team is talking to more than just three candidates. More like five, he said."

The delays continue...

Last edited:

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Also per GR:

"#FlaPanthers Dale Tallon wouldn't name names, but said the team is talking to more than just three candidates. More like five, he said."

Personally, I don't care how long it takes to name the coach, but I'm pretty curious as to how it went from "naming a coach Monday" to "still talking to 5 candidates Monday"

They eliminated one candidate over the weekend though apparently! Progress!

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Per George Richards

"#FlaPanthers GM Dale Tallon says he hopes to have a new coach hired by the end of this week but says it could happen next week."

The delays continue...
:pullhair:

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
Also per GR:

Personally, I don't care how long it takes to name the coach, but I'm pretty curious as to how it went from "naming a coach Monday" to "still talking to 5 candidates Monday"

They eliminated one candidate over the weekend though apparently! Progress!

You guys think it's possible the number candidate said no or even maybe to see his other options?

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
If anything, this means Tallon is high on a bunch of these guys/ thinks they're high-quality candidates. I'd prefer this be a difficult decision and have it take longer to decide rather than just hiring Bylsma for the hell of it (although he's my preference.)

Good on Tallon for taking his time and making sure he's choosing wisely.

hockeydude1

#CatsAreComing
Mar 9, 2008
Florida
Per George Richards as well

"Dale Tallon talks about #FlaPanthers coaching search, says new coach to be in place by #nhlDraft
http://t.co/HGyP2lYDva"

I think we knew this. But sounds like they are taking their time. No estimated official date for hire. Just between now and the draft.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Dale Tallon said just now on NHL Network that the list is at half a dozen now and that he'll have the list down to 3 by tomorrow. He "hopes" to have it all done by Friday, or "by the middle of next week" at the latest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad