Speculation: New Head Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
Despite my defending of Bylsma, and me thinking he would potentially not be a bad move -- I think Gerard Gallant gets the job.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
A lot of the hate (that I noticed/remember in my skimming this thread) was in my post, so it's not predetermined ;) . Hopefully, if he's the guy, DB will have learned from being fired and be more willing to change...and maybe you all don't have fringe NHL vets that he will feel are like his long-lost sons...

Pittsburgh has one of the most if not the most unique roster in the whole league. If Bylsma becomes a Panther he will have a completely different type of roster, pretty much the opposite to what he has had so far. I think it's too early to say how he would perform here.

Effe

Sep 26, 2013
Gothenburg, Sweden
Also look at the teams that succeed in the Playoffs, (Hawks, Kings, Habs, Rangers and maybe even bruins) they all have one thing in common, they have a elite goalie, then look at pens and see what they miss.
Then look at this graph http://www.quanthockey.com/TS/TS_GoalsPerGame.php and you will notice one thing goals/game drops in playoffs, the games become tighter and its more important to have two way players and a strong defencive then two worldclass scorer. Tbh im not surprised all that pens fails in playoff after playoff, they need a new goalie (maybe Miller) and even trade malkin for a top two way center, then i could see them as an contender.
Im sure Bylsma would have a greater chance to succeed in the playoffs with us (if we add some quality vets) then with pens, we simply have players more fit for the play off then the pens.

hockeydude1

#CatsAreComing
Mar 9, 2008
Florida
If we could get solid players on all 4 lines, which is capable through free agency, then Bylsma could be the perfect fit. He tends to like all 4 lines anyways. So why not spread the talent around. It's there. We just need some added veteran experience. Players that can score and help out. Bylsma should be the one hired tomorrow.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Kinda surprised there hasn't been any legit leak of who will be hired yet.

-ghoste
Offseason and a team that isn't located in a hockey crazy market.

The quality of the team's own "insiders" doesn't help either.

CaptainMckenna*

One day u all will want to kill ur self when craig adams is logging minutes that he should never see until he's 47 I'm sure Dan has it in his terms that Adams comes with him by trade or buy signing after he's cut

Rockaway Rob

Jun 30, 2007
George Richards tweeted this about 20 minutes ago:

With the #Heat out, #FlaPanthers in no rush for an announcement on Monday (would have been an off day). Tuesday or Wednesday now in play.â€

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
I don't mind a coach who utilizes his entire bench. I don't mind playing the grinders often, other teams are usually out there gunning for the star players, I'd rather the no-name grinders get hurt instead our skilled guys.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
George Richards tweeted this about 20 minutes ago:

With the #Heat out, #FlaPanthers in no rush for an announcement on Monday (would have been an off day). Tuesday or Wednesday now in play.â€

Which makes this more interesting. I think this all makes the ramp up to FA as the target. They want to be the team that everyone is talking about going into FA, so we'll get the announcement a week before draft where the Cats will be the big focus again. Then FA.

floridada

Jan 31, 2009
Florida
Also look at the teams that succeed in the Playoffs, (Hawks, Kings, Habs, Rangers and maybe even bruins) they all have one thing in common, they have a elite goalie, then look at pens and see what they miss.

They also all have a legit #1 defenseman.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
One day u all will want to kill ur self when craig adams is logging minutes that he should never see until he's 47 I'm sure Dan has it in his terms that Adams comes with him by trade or buy signing after he's cut

Put down the bottle and give your input when you're sober.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Well, now that the Heat have lost, doesn't that make it the right time to make a splash? I guess it makes sense to wait a day, but I can't take it any longer :rant:

You know the media has to exhaust the "why did the Heat lose" question first :laugh:

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
They want the most amount of local sports news exposure. Wait a couple days and you'll likely be the number one story on local sports news.

Going to make it to page 3 on the sports section!

Page 1 will be about LBJ
Page 2 will be about the Heat

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 8m
FLA GM Dale Tallon has whittled list of 6 finalists for head coach down to 3. Will narrow to 2 and name one, likely by end of week. #TSN

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 6m
Six FLA coaching finalists were: Dan Bylsma, Marc Crawford, Ron Wilson, Gerard Gallant, Tom Renney, Bill Peters. #TSN

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 8m
FLA GM Dale Tallon has whittled list of 6 finalists for head coach down to 3. Will narrow to 2 and name one, likely by end of week. #TSN

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 6m
Six FLA coaching finalists were: Dan Bylsma, Marc Crawford, Ron Wilson, Gerard Gallant, Tom Renney, Bill Peters. #TSN
So, basically a battle royale where Bylsma is the first contestant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad