Speculation: New Head Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Georgia Panther

Aug 2, 2005
BufordGA/FranklinNC
Hmmm, Trotz, in 15 years, missed the Playoffs 8 times, lost in first round 5 times and managed to get to and lose in the second round just twice. I know compared to the Panthers record that puts him into the Hall of Fame but geez, what about that record and the boring style of play his team uses appeals to you?

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Trotz style doesnt work in this NHL era

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
no thank you. we already have his younger brother. same style and same results. we need better!

mbitonti

Sep 30, 2013
Hmmm, Trotz, in 15 years, missed the Playoffs 8 times, lost in first round 5 times and managed to get to and lose in the second round just twice. I know compared to the Panthers record that puts him into the Hall of Fame but geez, what about that record and the boring style of play his team uses appeals to you?

Keep in mind the first five of those eight years were straight after Nashville entered the NHL...not all expansion teams surprisingly go to the cup two years later like us. Also, how good has Nashville's roster ever really been, even during the years they made the playoffs? Yeah they have had Weber and Suter and some good goaltending, but most years I'd say their roster was barely better than ours. I'd easily take Trotz without a second thought. Plays a good defensive system which our team severely lacks

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Keep in mind the first five of those eight years were straight after Nashville entered the NHL...not all expansion teams surprisingly go to the cup two years later like us. Also, how good has Nashville's roster ever really been, even during the years they made the playoffs? Yeah they have had Weber and Suter and some good goaltending, but most years I'd say their roster was barely better than ours. I'd easily take Trotz without a second thought. Plays a good defensive system which our team severely lacks

This is true. If you struggle to score goals like we do, then we should at least have a sound defensive system, as boring as it may be. I see too many times where two of our guys go to one opposing player which obviously leaves another wide open.

If Trotz (and Horachek) are fired, I have to imagine Tallon as least picking up the phone and chatting with him. Is he the right man for the job? Who knows.

-ghoste

coopdaloop123

Mar 11, 2013
FL
A lot of good assistant coaches in the NHL right now I think would be a good fit ... a guy like Peters in DET would be nice. Has two years w/ Babcock under his belt and I think he did about 3 years in Rockford which gives us the much needed "Chicago Connection" yet again.

panthersfan94

#CatsAreComing
Jan 23, 2014
Nashville, TN
I wouldn't mind him. He's never had that good of a roster in Nashville and one of the few years he did they got over 100 points. If Tallon really is spending like he's promised, our roster should be better than what Nashville has given him recently, at least up front. Also he was the guy that brought up Shea Weber and now Roman Josi; I'd love to see what he could do with our young defensemen. Also this year although they aren't making the playoffs, Rinne was out for over 1/2 of the season and IMO this year could have been much different for them if he was healthy.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008

This.

We should have better talent up front, and through the draft(Ekblad) our backend should improve.

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida

I'll take Trotz boring style of play over the "fun and exciting" style of play the Panthers exhibited with Dineen. I care about winning. Winning is fun, whether it's playing a ridiculously boring 1-3-1 or whatever else. I don't care. Nothing made me more pissed off than seeing gong-show hockey left and right on this team where we maybe scored a goal but let in 3 afterward due to boneheaded nonsense all over the ice, but it was loose and fast, therefore exciting. Sigh.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
This team isn't built like a Trotz team. I'm not so sure hiring him would be the best idea.
What do you mean? Only thing that separates this team from Nashville is Weber. Otherwise it's the same old, same old, a bunch of grinders and a bona-fide number 1 goalie.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
I'll take Trotz boring style of play over the "fun and exciting" style of play the Panthers exhibited with Dineen. I care about winning. Winning is fun, whether it's playing a ridiculously boring 1-3-1 or whatever else. I don't care. Nothing made me more pissed off than seeing gong-show hockey left and right on this team where we maybe scored a goal but let in 3 afterward due to boneheaded nonsense all over the ice, but it was loose and fast, therefore exciting. Sigh.

I totally agree

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
I'm sure Nashville plays boring according to other teams' fans but I doubt people in Nashville gave a **** all those years they had success and made the playoffs.

Also I think this is only the third time in the past 11 seasons they've missed the playoffs. That's pretty impressive for a club without many big names.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
I'm sure Nashville plays boring according to other teams' fans but I doubt people in Nashville gave a **** all those years they had success and made the playoffs.

Also I think this is only the third time in the past 11 seasons they've missed the playoffs. That's pretty impressive for a club without many big names.

Not to mention playing in that division and Conference overall.

I will say that I'd rather have Trotz over Horachek.

-ghoste

Cosmonaut

Mar 7, 2010
Florida
What do you mean? Only thing that separates this team from Nashville is Weber. Otherwise it's the same old, same old, a bunch of grinders and a bona-fide number 1 goalie.

It's more than Weber. During they're successful years they were running with either a prime Weber/Suter top pairing or a top five of Hamhuis/Timonen/Zidlicky/Weber/Suter. The defense needs to drastically improve is all I'm saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad