Speculation: New Head Coach - How Hard Can It Be? [Part II]

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeydude1

#CatsAreComing
Mar 9, 2008
Florida
Now, I don't expect a single one of you here to believe me when I say this, but I'll do say anyway. Believe me if you want, if not, that's totally fine too. Alright, so, I can 100% confirm that our next coach has already been selected. I was told that I'm not allowed to know WHO it is, but the "final three" of Bylsma, Gallant, and Crawford was right on the money. If anyone wants to know how I know this, feel free to send me a PM. This doesn't really mean much since I don't know who it is, but I know for sure Tallon is waiting for the right time to announce it. Which really sucks. I just thought I'd share this with you guys.

Ummm :huh:

frabz-IS-YOU-OK-IS-YOU-20361c.jpg

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
Was it just me or did Dale seem a little tooooo happy in that interview?

He's probably just feeling better with the draft and free agency coming up after having to suffer through last years **** show. Remember we are Florida Panther fans we love the draft and free agency Dales just becoming one of us. :sarcasm:

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
I think it's going to be Bylsma. He has experience, he's respected around the league in that he coached team USA, he recently won the Cup, and he's offensively minded.

Makes sense to me.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Thomas Drance ‏@ThomasDrance 46m
Bob McKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie) suggests that the #Canucks will meet with Dan Bylsma to discuss coaching vacancy: http://www.thescore.com/news/521998

If true that would leave Gallant while the other two assumed candidates are now interviewing somewhere else.

Last edited:

KittysGotClaws

We See Red
Dec 17, 2008
N of BB&T
I think it's going to be Bylsma. He has experience, he's respected around the league in that he coached team USA, he recently won the Cup, and he's offensively minded.

Makes sense to me.

I always hear the respected part, but I think he did a bad job with Team USA, and continuously went out early with Pittsburgh. He may be the best choice at this point, but I'd be wary.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
I always hear the respected part, but I think he did a bad job with Team USA, and continuously went out early with Pittsburgh. He may be the best choice at this point, but I'd be wary.

He was respected enough to be in that position, we'll see how that works around the league I guess.

Pens were always out early except when they won the Cup. Teams are different and the Pens decided to wait on Bylsma until they hired a GM. Means they were looking largely at the GM not getting the right players, that was discussed more often than not.

I'm not completely high on him, I just think it'll be him so I'm settling into it being him. I don't feel great about Gallant or Crawford. I trust Tallon, though.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Bob McKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie) suggests that the #Canucks will meet with Dan Bylsma to discuss coaching vacancy: http://www.thescore.com/news/521998

If true that would leave Gallant while the other two assumed candidates are now interviewing somewhere else.

Not necessarily. I think it just means we're done with the interviews. So it just is an internal matter on deciding. These guys are getting back up plans if they don't get it. Gallant is still employed, the other two are not.

hockeydude1

#CatsAreComing
Mar 9, 2008
Florida

I hope it's not Gallant. He's had minimal experience and not very good success with nhl head coaching. The only positives is that he's coached huberdeau before. But if hubby ain't playing good, I could see him having too much ice time. I'm sure he's a better "coach" now than he was before, but I feel like Bylsma is the best choice. In Tallon we trust though.

Heimy

Feb 28, 2002
I was just here
Visit site
I'm kinda leaning towards Gallant because the Habs surprised alot of folks and outperformed most other teams thruout these playoffs and he probably deserves some credit for that. You can't say the same about the Pens.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
I'm kinda leaning towards Gallant because the Habs surprised alot of folks and outperformed most other teams thruout these playoffs and he probably deserves some credit for that. You can't say the same about the Pens.

Plus he seems like a guy who would be great with the kids. And there's a lot of them.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Kind of feels like maybe Tallon offered the job to Bylsma, but he wanted to see what else was out there before he made a decision. Who knows though, just a guess.

Effe

Sep 26, 2013
Gothenburg, Sweden
I dont see what everyone else sees in gallant, he failed with blue jackets (56-81-10) he did a good job in Saint Johns, and probably did a good job habs (always hard to say how much the assistant influenced the team). Im sure Gallant would be great in the long run, but would it help us to sign UFA now? I dont think so, a big name would be better now i think. We need to to improve fast or maybe risk to lose the interest of Viola.

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
Gallant doesn't strike me as a coach who plays an offensive brand of hockey (that Tallon wants), Habs played a lot of trapping/conservative hockey when they aren't being gift wrapped power plays.

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
Gallant doesn't strike me as a coach who play an offensive system, Habs played a lot of trapping/conservative hockey when they aren't being gift wrapped power plays.

^ What you're saying is all about Therrien. Gallant doesn't control their overall style of play as an assistant coach...he worked with Montreal's forwards/offense primarily.

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
to me it seems like blysma went to vancouver to see $ what they offer..

simple business.... he will come back and be like pay me this or i go to Vancouver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad