Bad pic, but here's Matt O'Connor's Ottawa pads:

2py9l3q.jpg

2iblp35.jpg

Horizontal barber poles FTW.

Last edited:

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Ottawa Senators ‏@Senators 2h2 hours ago
Spotted at #SensFanFest: Matt O'Connor's new #Sens mask.
CPWq97_VEAAHS4T.jpg

CPWq-C-UkAAkaXE.jpg

CPWq-FtVEAEb65m.jpg

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
Reimer gets DaveArted

12038387_10153628373574819_7743716436298012760_n.jpg

"The new Optimus Reim look is here...

Be ready folks, James Reimer´s new Optimus Reim look is ready to be unleashed…

James Reimer and I have been working together for many years. I love to work with you James, come up with new design ideas and play with the fantasy. I start with a blank paper, and we send sketches back and forth, then I start to paint and create.

This new design is once again based on his nickname Optimus Reim. It is a mix of an action design with action paintings, and when you come closer a new world of details opens up, you will find the blue prints of the construction of Optimus Reim!

On a distance it is a classic Maple Leafs design with the Leaf in focus, and when you look closer the mask transform in front of your eyes, just like a real Transformer.

The design is loaded with all the DAVEART Trademark Super FX. I love the challenge to come up with new cool design ideas day in day out. And be ready folks, James and I have already new stuff in the pipeline…

Thank you all for your interest in my paintings, I appreciate it a lot.
@mapleleafs @nhl ‪#‎reimer‬ @davidofdaveart ‪#‎daveartthecradleofcreativity‬ ‪#‎daveart‬ ‪#‎nhl‬"

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
I'm really disappointed in Lou. The Panthers have so many design possibilities for goalies and he has all white pads with a stripe of yellow. Not to mention the mask he's wearing in the above pic is awful.

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
Idunno it looks like they match my Cats jersey's yellow..

I don't believe you. Or maybe it's the lighting in the picture and if so I am sorry. Ugly pads either way, should go with the red and blue and something more than just a stripe.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I don't believe you. Or maybe it's the lighting in the picture and if so I am sorry. Ugly pads either way, should go with the red and blue and something more than just a stripe.
It's an optical illusion. You see the same thing with the Flames jerseys people claim the vintage ones are a brighter red but the Flames have consistently used the same red and the accent colors make them look darker or brighter. So in Lu's case the yellow stripe on the white pad would look much brighter than yellow surrounded by red and dark blue.

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com

I believe the colors are close, it's just the yellow on the jersey is right next to red, so it makes it look darker. It's probably just a play on the eye.

EDIT:
It's an optical illusion. You see the same thing with the Flames jerseys people claim the vintage ones are a brighter red but the Flames have consistently used the same red and the accent colors make them look darker or brighter. So in Lu's case the yellow stripe on the white pad would look much brighter than yellow surrounded by red and dark blue.

This guy beat me to it.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Better shot of Jones, disappointed with his boring gear.

fetch

You'd prefer Dell's with the neon orange?

Hard to see in pictures, but the "quilting" on Jones' pads is done with orange. Plus the toe flap. An orange stripe on the inside of the blocker, and a nice stripe on the catcher. A more conservative style, for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad