New goalie gear sightings for 2015-16 "PART 2" [MOD WARNING IN OP]

Pizza the Hutt

Game 6 Truther
Mar 22, 2012
Do you have any idea how ridiculous this question is? Calgary is a city not a province or country, a city could be on a mountain but you would never have a mountain in a city. But for the record the Rockies can be seen from Calgary

Eh? I live in Vancouver and we have mountains in the city. Grouse Mountain, for example.

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
12472342_10154032444474819_8404560352904547957_n.jpg

Anders Nilsson's new St Louis Blues bucket... The story is told in the details... It is a clean cut design in the same era as Nilsson's previous buckets.

The vintage textile style feels like hockey 100% and fits @stlouisblues like a glove. It is a so called DaveArt 2in1 Design, the closer you come the more details opens up and the design enters a second dimension.

#DaveArt2in1 @nhl #DaveArt #NHL #DaveArtAirbrush #DaveArtTheCradleOfCreativity #DaveArtAmazingStories

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
12038360_10154059675084819_7330192408727380335_n.jpg

"Scott Darling's latest Blachhawks bucket is a tribute to the legendary king of Chicago sports life...The one and only, Michael Jordan.

The design is created as a so called DaveArt 2in1 Design, on a distance it is a clean cut design in vintage style. When you come closer the design enters a new dimension of detail work and it becomes a Storyteller design.

For sure the design is also loaded with all the DaveArt Trademark Super FX. @sdarling_33 @nhlblackhawks @nhl #DaveArt #DaveArt2in1 #NHL #DaveArtAmazingStories #DaveArtTheCradleOfCreativity"

Aug 3, 2010
Do you have any idea how ridiculous this question is? Calgary is a city not a province or country, a city could be on a mountain but you would never have a mountain in a city. But for the record the Rockies can be seen from Calgary
I don't know how well-traveled or wordly you are, but... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victoria_Peak

A very well-known mountain (amongst others) right in the middle of one of the largest metropolitan centres in the world. I'm sure there may be other examples.

Anyways. Not sure why Backstrom decides to get a new mask TBH - the white one was just fine for what he needed to do in Calgary, considering how many games he'd likely play with the club. And I honestly like the white one, with the circle crest, better.

Stalock's Toronto mask, I like it.

16kdxdv.jpg

Very clean, very sexy... but almost TOO clean. And I have a record of saying how much I dislike DaveArt masks for how unclean, tacky, and cluttered they appear to me (I realise this one isn't DaveArt.) My point being, other than the high gloss, contour patterns, and the professional-grade photography, that mask is so bereft of features it could almost be a generic Canadian Tire street hockey mask a kid could buy in Toronto.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto

Lindgren's new mask for the Habs looks pretty sweet. Shame there's no shot of the other side just yet, hopefully there's some hint of Habs colours there.

Loose translation of that text says that Dryden is on both sides and the idea was put forth by Lindgren's dad, who's a big Habs fan.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Very clean, very sexy... but almost TOO clean. And I have a record of saying how much I dislike DaveArt masks for how unclean, tacky, and cluttered they appear to me (I realise this one isn't DaveArt.) My point being, other than the high gloss, contour patterns, and the professional-grade photography, that mask is so bereft of features it could almost be a generic Canadian Tire street hockey mask a kid could buy in Toronto.

Agreed. I'm a huge proponent of relatively "clean" and "simple" mask designs. But this Stalock one might just be a bit too simple. Just having a lack of clutter doesn't itself doesn't inherently make for great mask design. Not if it's plain or generic, or weirdly empty.

That's the challenge of designing a truly great mask. It's what that makes the good ones so awesome. Great, clean design...not just removing clutter.

Matt Hacket

Cej92ySWIAACSzw.jpg

There is so much colour going on all at once in this picture in a very distressing fashion. :laugh:

The Kessel Run

Jun 7, 2011
Love Ranta's "retro" Brian's setup. Sorta reminds me of Stephane Beauregard's gear in the early 90s mixed with Hextall's later gloves.

hextall.jpg

4919-62Fr.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad