Status
Not open for further replies.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Mike Johnston - Portland Winterhawks

I have no idea if he is on the list, but he should be. I want a young guy with a history of building something great out of nothing at all.

flyingpig

Pay the Troll Toll
May 26, 2006
Pay the troll toll
I beleive that Vogl brought up Paul Fenton, Asst GM for Nashville a few weeks back. 16 years experience. Player personnel director for eight years, ran drafts, then 8 years Assitant GM.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Guys on the short list (guesses)

Neil Smith - although he is busy owning his franchise (LaFontaine) said he had one in mind who has won a cup)
Jason Botterill - (LaFontaine said young guys who are currently hired)

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
2006 Isles coach - Nolan
2006 Isles Sr leadership - Lafontaine
2006 Isles GM - Smith
2006 Isles owner with new money - Wang

I think they are getting the gang together with new ownership in a new city.

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
It worked so well the first time. :laugh:

If Wang could have gotten out of the way of himself it could have. NO GARTH SNOW though. I think those guys were sold a bill of good and Wang was the one who didnt deliver, not the leadership.

Also 2006 Major land development program - Lighthouse

Duddy

Everyday is
Dec 24, 2005
Not someone from a budget team, not someone who sees the Sabres as a stepping stone, not someone who wants to make a name for himself with BOLDMOVES

Gimme someone that's got the patience for the rebuild and the vision to add the right guys to the drafted core.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Who's the assistant GM out in Chicago, LA, Boston? :dunno:

Hawks Assistant GM is Norm Maciver

Its his 2nd season in that role. Was Director of Player Personnel for a season and as Director of Player Development for 3 seasons before that

I expect he will get some interest this summer from teams. So far Bowman has lost 2 previous Assistant GM's to GM job ( Kevin Cheveldayoff left for Jets GM job while MarcBergevin left for Habs GM job)

Deevo

Jul 25, 2006
Halifax, Nova Scotia
3033067.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad