New Gear changes/sightings 2020-2021

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
OV messing around with a Supertacks today

washington-capitals-left-wing-alex-ovechkin-shoots-during-the-first-picture-id1231444115

MacKinnon was using a Warrior last night

colorado-avalanche-center-nathan-mackinnon-controls-the-puck-during-picture-id1231426907

Dumba joins Matthews in rocking Jetspeed FT4 skates

matt-dumba-of-the-minnesota-wild-celebrates-after-scoring-the-game-picture-id1231426737

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
OV messing around with a Supertacks today

washington-capitals-left-wing-alex-ovechkin-shoots-during-the-first-picture-id1231444115

I have this exact Ovi pro stock stick at home. I bought it before the season started and was wondering when he'd finally start using it. Now I know I have a model that he's actually used in a game lol.

I'm not sure there's an actual difference between this one and his usual Ribcor stick besides the paint job.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Matthews had a new Blue graphic on his stick instead of the familiar Jetspeed Red. Maybe CCM will be producing newer sticks in team colors like Bauer is now doing. Still not aware of anyone else using the new FT4 Pto stick.

auston-matthews-of-the-toronto-maple-leafs-waits-on-a-face-off-the-picture-id1309963221

Bondoao1

Oct 4, 2009
SoCal
Matthews had a new Blue graphic on his stick instead of the familiar Jetspeed Red. Maybe CCM will be producing newer sticks in team colors like Bauer is now doing. Still not aware of anyone else using the new FT4 Pto stick.

auston-matthews-of-the-toronto-maple-leafs-waits-on-a-face-off-the-picture-id1309963221

LOL Look at his name plate.... Papi.... LMAO!!!

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Tomas Chabot using the new True stick.

Surprised he's not an endorsed True athlete. He's been using their gear for a bit and is an elite player.
Ezpo4RVXMAMjV-e

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Figure I could ask here for the Bauer players:

what is the difference between the Nexus ADV vs the Nexus Geo? Did Bauer release two flagship sticks in one year?

Never shot either stick but yes the Adv was released in early 2020, Geo released later 2020 like October-November, after the 2N Pro stuck around a couple years.

They both have that 5 sided shaft. ADV 30 or so grams lighter with a big ass hole in the blade obviously :laugh:

The ADV line of sticks never really took off. Handful of NHL players used them for a bit. Only player i recall to use the Nexus ADV regularly was Jake DeBrusk, he seems to have moved on from it. Never seen one out in the wild.

Captain Charisma

Jan 18, 2019
Last edited:

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
E0L4d5LX0AQUihq

Old twig sighting. RBZ Revolution, love seeing that.

I think Sergachev on TB still uses the Revolution, or at least it's painted like one.

I find it kind of funny that 3 faces of the league (Crosby, OV and McDavid) all use sticks that are at least painted like top end sticks from 2015 (Crosby - Reckoner) and 2016 (OV - Trigger ASY, McDavid - original Super Tacks).

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts

@Captain Charisma thanks for this! Totally missed this post. I miss the days where my uncle used to print these booklets out at the factory he worked at years ago..

anyway, I love the Sherwood Rekker. The only goddamn problem I have with Sherwood is the design factor. The new bottom half of the Rekker line looks like the Supreme, but the top half looks like hot garbage.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I think Sergachev on TB still uses the Revolution, or at least it's painted like one.

I find it kind of funny that 3 faces of the league (Crosby, OV and McDavid) all use sticks that are at least painted like top end sticks from 2015 (Crosby - Reckoner) and 2016 (OV - Trigger ASY, McDavid - original Super Tacks).

I think it comes with being the best players in the world, it's probably some form of OCD especially in Crosby's case.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.

There were NHL players using the Easton ST (which was pretty damn close to the original Synergy) painted as modern sticks right up until the day Easton died. (Had one of those as a pro return myself, miss that sucker). Sometimes you just get comfortable with a thing. Teemu Selanne was trolling ebay for those old helmets at the end of his career, Mike Green was doing it with Easton Stealth CNTs.

Reactions: BruinDust

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
There were NHL players using the Easton ST (which was pretty damn close to the original Synergy) painted as modern sticks right up until the day Easton died. (Had one of those as a pro return myself, miss that sucker). Sometimes you just get comfortable with a thing. Teemu Selanne was trolling ebay for those old helmets at the end of his career, Mike Green was doing it with Easton Stealth CNTs.

If I remember correctly, Bauer acquired Easton in 2016 but never actually produced new Easton stuff, and I recall guys were still using Easton sticks with the Easton graphic displayed up until the end of the 2018 playoffs. after that season, i guess whatever licensing agreement ended.

Alex Killorn still wears an Easton helmet with a Bauer decal on it, think he might be the last guy with one.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Not a fan of the aesthetic of the HyperLite stuff. I think Bauer has been downhill in the looks department ever since the 1X Lite which was one of the coolest looking sticks ever. Even the 1X Lite protective gear looked really "cheap" to me compared to the 1X stuff the generation prior. A lot of stuff went from the sleek composite, to stuff that looks like regular plastic. All the newer protective equipment looks cheap to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad