New Gear changes/sightings 2020-2021

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
shea-theodore-of-the-vegas-golden-knights-warms-up-before-a-game-the-picture-id1296823464

A look at the Vapor HyperLite stick

Reactions: AnimalFear
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I wish us common folk could customize stick shafts. Take a look at Rantanen:

50A03456-8954-4B83-B722-2D3C471B2CD3.png

I would love an all-black Rekker. But can’t find anything like that anywhere! I don’t mind the red hue, but all black looks sick

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
detailed-view-of-the-hockey-skates-of-alex-ovechkin-of-the-washington-picture-id1299970529

A good look at Ovi's custom As3 Pro skates from the other night. Think that's his deceased brother and his wife's names on the side of quarter package.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
EuOx_4CVIAIr46g

MacKinnon using a SuperTacks, or at least the graphic last night. First time in a long time he's been in anything but a Ribcore.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Seems like Bauer is never going to make a one piece boot

Do they have to though? They own the majority share of skates in the NHL and among rec players.

Also, I think it's up for debate if there's any real performance difference betweeen 1pc vs 2pc currently

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Do they have to though? They own the majority share of skates in the NHL and among rec players.

Also, I think it's up for debate if there's any real performance difference betweeen 1pc vs 2pc currently
I'm not an expert on the anatomy of skates & what would make the best boot, it's just odd CCM is marketing this as some great innovation when the largest skate manufacture seems to have no interest in it. I get why separate materials combined together would lead to worse energy transfer, you see this when comparing a true one piece stick compared to the lower end ones which are actually separate shaft & blades fused together contrary to what the general public thinks. But maybe this isn't as apparent in skates? Pretty sure many of the players marketing these CCM one piece boots don't even wear them too, IIRC McDavid doesn't wear them

Reactions: Filthy Dangles
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Does anyone else hate grip on sticks? I miss the days when you could buy sticks off the shelf with no grip, don't feel like paying extra for custom ones

I can’t stand grip. I remember talking to a couple of Pure Hockey reps last year in my area, and they were talking about how almost every NHLer has grip on their sticks. I beg to differ.

I like having a candy-cane tape job wrapped until the halfway mark of the shaft. I feel more comfortable that way.

Reactions: PK16 and AnimalFear

cynicalcitizen

Feb 6, 2014
Doesn't help STX that they can't seem to get their protective gear at retailers in Canada. Pretty big market they are shut out of. What's the point of paying for NHL licensing fees when you can't sell you product to the biggest hockey market?
I thought STX was direct purchase only. Didn't they cut out all of their retail partners a couple years ago?

PK16

Jul 28, 2013
I can’t stand grip. I remember talking to a couple of Pure Hockey reps last year in my area, and they were talking about how almost every NHLer has grip on their sticks. I beg to differ.

I like having a candy-cane tape job wrapped until the halfway mark of the shaft. I feel more comfortable that way.
I also do not like grip but I have learned to deal with it since that is all that seems available at shops.

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I thought STX was direct purchase only. Didn't they cut out all of their retail partners a couple years ago?

I’m not so sure with STX. A local hockey shop still had their Surgeon and HPR line last time I checked there.

I believe STX is out of the league since they didn’t pay the fees. Sucks because I hear the Halo stick is the lightest on the market

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad