New ESPN TV contract

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Don't think it's a coincidence, but I now see "NHL" on the actual ESPN menu at the top of their page. Currently NFL NBA MLB NHL SOCCER GOLF ...(other)

Been having to click on the ... and select it from there for a long time.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
75B82DCB-05D5-485E-8539-B5CD53F89F76.png

Great price vs 150 normally.

60 is a steal, can’t wait to sign up. Not sure if ordering through Center Ice counts.

it was nice ordering through TV because you got nhl.tv with it. But you can stream espn+ on tv so I’m good either way

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Salary cap is what 80+ million? + the money on backroom staff. With 0 fans for a calendar year.....not really rocket science is it.

Expansion fee covers 16 mil per team paid once. Tv covers 12.5 per team per season. Thats a shortfall of 60-70 million on salary cap alone. I'll never really understand the hate most owners get.

The NHL has very low revenue sharing on the owners side. Increasing revenue sharing would fix a great many financial problems around the league.

Instead they engage in constant labor wars to extract money from the players.

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
I have Disney plus, and YouTube tv. Do I need espn plus for the flyers? If yes, what’s the best way to go about adding espn + to my current Disney + plan?
$14 gets you a bundle of Hulu (with ads, Disney+ and Espn+. If you have Verizon you can get all 3 for $10 on your plan.

Reactions: Lord Defect

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
View attachment 464977

Great price vs 150 normally.

60 is a steal, can’t wait to sign up. Not sure if ordering through Center Ice counts.

it was nice ordering through TV because you got nhl.tv with it. But you can stream espn+ on tv so I’m good either way
It’s likely going to be a separate package that you need to pay for. Similar to having to pay extra for UFC fights.

Reactions: PHILOUDELPHIA

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
I have Disney plus, and YouTube tv. Do I need espn plus for the flyers? If yes, what’s the best way to go about adding espn + to my current Disney + plan?

disneyplus.com

There you can activate everything. Then after it’s set, use the email login on the apps themselves.

the only thing I haven’t seen is ordering the nhl.tv via espn+. I’m guessing it’s still to early.

also on espn app. You can login your tv to open all the regular espn channels on the app in addition to espn + making it a 1 stop shop.

I also like how Hulu allows you to watch games instead of switching apps

Bigb47

Dec 5, 2016
Sorry if this is a bad place to ask but I cancelled my Hulu and does anyone know what subscription is best for just for the flyers and where I get every game without worry?

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA

The Flyers will be blacked out for you.

If you only have ESPN+ and live in the Philly market you won't get most of the games. You will only see the "ESPN+" exclusive games, but not the games that are broadcast on NBC sports Philadelphia. You still need the cable station via comcast/xfinity or in a streaming package. On the flip side, the exclusive games with ESPN and Turner won't be on NBC sports Philadelphia. So if you want every Flyers game you will potentially need access to all of these: NBC sports Philadelphia, ESPN, ESPN+, ABC, and Turner (TNT). They haven't released the full broadcast schedule yet, so we don't know how many Flyers games will be exclusive to ESPN, ESPN+, ABC or Turner. Also don't know if ESPN will simulcast the ESPN and ABC games on ESPN+, or if they do, will that be just "out of market"or for everyone.

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
If you only have ESPN+ and live in the Philly market you won't get most of the games. You will only see the "ESPN+" exclusive games, but not the games that are broadcast on NBC sports Philadelphia. You still need the cable station via comcast/xfinity or in a streaming package. On the flip side, the exclusive games with ESPN and Turner won't be on NBC sports Philadelphia. So if you want every Flyers game you will potentially need access to all of these: NBC sports Philadelphia, ESPN, ESPN+, ABC, and Turner (TNT). They haven't released the full broadcast schedule yet, so we don't know how many Flyers games will be exclusive to ESPN, ESPN+, ABC or Turner. Also don't know if ESPN will simulcast the ESPN and ABC games on ESPN+, or if they do, will that be just "out of market"or for everyone.
The Walt Disney Company Announces 103 Exclusive NHL Games Across ESPN, ESPN+, Hulu and ABC Beginning October 12 - ESPN Press Room U.S.

This should answer some of your questions.

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020

rare Stephen A promoting hockey.

2.8 billion that’s big for nhl.

it will be interesting how nhl center ice and nhl.tv operate with espn+

id like to see nhl 2 night back

I'd rather one of you guys drive to my mother's house and punch her in the face than hear this annoying, racist, unintelligent, :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: ruin our great sport of hockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad