Post-Game Talk: New Day, New Game, New Jersey @ Noon PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Made the mistake of watching the pregame show. Alexa has no feeling for what she is saying, does she? Her transitions are so mechanical, as if she's a high-school kid in their first theatre class. And Nick Ashooh is a complete waste of airtime. He says nothing, just takes a long time to do it. The only part of captivating TV was watching Alan May cut him off and then passing off to Gabby. I'd figure you'd have a good time having a beer with Alan or Bruce. But the other two... ugh!

who knew we’d miss this guy so much? They’re terrible....agree.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/rob-carlin-7457394

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Let's go Samsonov! Let's get off to a good start and resurrect your career! :sarcasm:

tenken00

Jan 29, 2010
Made the mistake of watching the pregame show. Alexa has no feeling for what she is saying, does she? Her transitions are so mechanical, as if she's a high-school kid in their first theatre class. And Nick Ashooh is a complete waste of airtime. He says nothing, just takes a long time to do it. The only part of captivating TV was watching Alan May cut him off and then passing off to Gabby. I'd figure you'd have a good time having a beer with Alan or Bruce. But the other two... ugh!

Everytime I see Bruce Boudreau on the show, it always makes me smile. Just that kind of guy. I know he will get another coaching job soon and will be gone, but I enjoy his interactions with every single person in the booth and in the show.

Eirikrautha

Everytime I see Bruce Boudreau on the show, it always makes me smile. Just that kind of guy. I know he will get another coaching job soon and will be gone, but I enjoy his interactions with every single person.
Well, the "Players Only" segment has redeemed it for today. Gabby, Alan, Craig (and special guest today Matty H.!) have personality, presence, and genuinely seem to be having fun. I love their portion of the show! It's like the NFL Network pregame show with Rich, Mooch, Michael (boo!), and Kurt. They seem to be having so much fun that you just want to be part of it!

Reactions: tenken00

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Everytime I see Bruce Boudreau on the show, it always makes me smile. Just that kind of guy. I know he will get another coaching job soon and will be gone, but I enjoy his interactions with every single person in the booth and in the show.

Anyone see Bruce on NHL Network this week talking about McPhee firing him. He fired him and then called him back the same day and asked him if he wanted to coach in the NHL tomorrow? Bruce asked, "Did you change your mind?". I didnt know that the Ducks hired him the same day he got canned

tenken00

Jan 29, 2010
Well, the "Players Only" segment has redeemed it for today. Gabby, Alan, Craig (and special guest today Matty H.!) have personality, presence, and genuinely seem to be having fun. I love their portion of the show! It's like the NFL Network pregame show with Rich, Mooch, Michael (boo!), and Kurt. They seem to be having so much fun that you just want to be part of it!

I just saw that switching after the Bruins-NYR game! Bruce looked like he was gonna cry there for a second when Hendricks told him how much being coached by him meant to him.

tenken00

Jan 29, 2010
Anyone see Bruce on NHL Network this week talking about McPhee firing him. He fired him and then called him back the same day and asked him if he wanted to coach in the NHL tomorrow? Bruce asked, "Did you change your mind?". I didnt know that the Ducks hired him the same day he got canned

I didn't see it. Does this mean McPhee made it happen or had a hand in the Ducks hiring Boudreau right away?

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I didn't see it. Does this mean McPhee made it happen or had a hand in the Ducks hiring Boudreau right away?

Ducks had to ask permission to talk to Bruce who was still under contract. The Ducks called upon hearing the news and George called Bruce and asked him if he wanted to coach right now? Bruce said, you mean like next week? and he said George said, no, i mean like tomorrow. It was hilarious....you know Bruce

GoCaps2004

Jun 26, 2014
Yeah. With them broadcasting from home, you can hear the lower quality of audio. Also, they get the feed slightly before we do, so the call is just slightly ahead.
Yeah no, I've noticed the timing being slightly off and you can tell they aren't there for away games, but this seems much worse than I've heard before

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad