Post-Game Talk: New Day, New Game, New Jersey @ Noon PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
Curious to see who gets the cage. Two points please, division is super tight.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
He’s been playing in Hershey and I believe was recalled to the Taxi Squad?

Yes. He had played in Hershey and recalled already when he was skipped in favor of Anderson. Then he was sent to Hershey for more conditioning. Looks like the Caps want him with them unless he can play in Hershey. If he plays today, good.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
If he is playing in the AHL then his breathing is fine, else he wouldn’t play a game period.

He played twice at Hershey. He was recalled and we were told he was not ready to play and was with the taxi squad for more conditioning. He was then sent to Hershey for more game conditioning. Clearing after playing his first stint at Hershey he was not in acceptable condition. For whatever reason.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Poor kid. That was a nasty puck to the face. He would fit right in with the Caps with that.
To be sure it sucks that he got hit and I hope he's back soon but I honestly think he's lucky. Obviously I don't know the severity of the injury so I could be totally wrong but it looked like he got hit right where the visor and helmet connect. It probably rung his bell pretty good and left a gash but I assume he avoided long-term injury. If that puck hits a few inches lower he likely shatters his face into a million pieces or if that puck snuck up under the visor it could have been really bad for his vision.

I think he got hit maybe a few centimeters higher than Marc Staal who is honestly lucky not to have lost an eye or his vision out of that eye. That was real scary when you saw the replay.
upload_2021-2-28_13-51-6.jpeg

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
To be sure it sucks that he got hit and I hope he's back soon but I honestly think he's lucky. Obviously I don't know the severity of the injury so I could be totally wrong but it looked like he got hit right where the visor and helmet connect. It probably rung his bell pretty good and left a gash but I assume he avoided long-term injury. If that puck hits a few inches lower he likely shatters his face into a million pieces or if that puck snuck up under the visor it could have been really bad for his vision.

I think he got hit maybe a few centimeters higher than Marc Staal who is honestly lucky not to have lost an eye or his vision out of that eye. That was real scary when you saw the replay.
View attachment 401611

Owww I feel that just by looking at the picture.

Eirikrautha

Made the mistake of watching the pregame show. Alexa has no feeling for what she is saying, does she? Her transitions are so mechanical, as if she's a high-school kid in their first theatre class. And Nick Ashooh is a complete waste of airtime. He says nothing, just takes a long time to do it. The only part of captivating TV was watching Alan May cut him off and then passing off to Gabby. I'd figure you'd have a good time having a beer with Alan or Bruce. But the other two... ugh!

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand

View attachment 401611
Isn't that the moment after which Staal started wearing that gigantic tinted visor?

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad