• Montgomery

• Brunette

• None of the above

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
Any coach hired will need to be someone with a good winning track record and lots of NHL experience. Elliott Friedman said "you never want to be the guy who replaces the guy everyone liked". If we will maintain the current core group under the next head coach, gonna need a alpha male who'll get instant respect from the players.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Can't see him abandoning his ship mid season and honestly I wouldn't want a coach that would be willing to do that, in the off season sure. Major difference between abandoning ship as an assistant or associate coach and a head coach. You don't leave the guys hanging in the middle of a historic season.

I agree. I think he'd be an offaeason only choice.

Slimy Sculpin

Dec 29, 2013
As much as I've been critical of the Jets (players, coaches and management), I still consider myself a diehard fan but that was something else yesterday afternoon. I passed on watching the 3rd period for the women's curling. (That was a first for me!) So, it's the red-hot, coached by a "dinosaur" Flames in Cowtown tonight followed by the Coyotes at home on Monday, a three day practice period for Maurice et al. to attempt to get their s$&t together and then the Devils at home on Friday. Of course the Maple Loafs are here next Sunday. This should be a very interesting period for the Jets and us fans. Depending on how the Jets fare over these games, we could see a change. If there is one, I think it will be an internal move....interim...Dave Lowry?

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
If there is going to be a change at HC I don't believe it will happen during the season. If it did it would be an interim appointment from within like Pascal Vincent.

In the off season we could hire the first female HC in the NHL and maybe she could relate well and motivate our one female on the team currently.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
If Paul is let go... there will likely be an interim coach (Lowry makes most Sense) for rest of season then reassess off season and go from there when more options would be available

Yup that would be the likely path they follow.
@Joe Hallenback what can you tell us about Lowry as a head coach from his time in Brandon?

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
In my opinion this thread tho and talking about coaching options and ppl going but who is stupid. None of us.. none zero zilch nada have a say in who is hired. We can talk about Maurice maybe being fired but pretending to make the decision on who is hired... it's either delusional or just a waste of time as truly have zero say

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
If Maurice is let go then Wheeler can be officially named the player coach, if the entire coaching staff is let go then Scheifele can be his assistant player coach :naughty:

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
If they are going to get rid of Maurice, My top choices would be Larry Robinson (pay him what he wants) or Joel Quenneville (have to be off season).
I konw I am going to get flak on Q but one thing he does is wins games.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Rocky Thompson, San Jose Sharks associate coach
Thompson, 43, was known as a tough guy and agitator during his playing career, but is rebranding himself as a coach. His breakthrough came at the 2015 NHL Coaches Association Global Coaches' Clinic in Florida. Thompson was unemployed at the time, but gave a speech about offense in hockey that "was incredibly motivating and impressive," said one respondent to our polling.
After leading the OHL's Windsor Spitfires to the 2017 Memorial Cup, the Vegas Golden Knights hired Thompson to be the first coach of their AHL farm team in Chicago. He led the Chicago Wolves to the 2019 Calder Cup Final.
"He's been a steadily rising, hot name," one respondent said. "He's going to keep getting interviews and I imagine he'll be behind an NHL bench sooner rather than later."

He is also not taking the Covid vaccine therefore can no longer coach in the NHL.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Yup that would be the likely path they follow.
@Joe Hallenback what can you tell us about Lowry as a head coach from his time in Brandon?

Lowry was a very good Junior coach. He is very good with young players. His style is aggressive in every zone on the ice.

Would he be a good NHL coach? Maybe.

I think Pascal Vincent would be someone they would look at. Very good with younger players and has a good track record with True North here and he is familiar with a lot of the current players

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
My whole feeling about the coaching situation reminds me of the classic Dangerfield joke:

"My wife left me after fifteen years.. yeah.. fifteen years. I asked her 'is there somebody else'? She said 'there has to be.'"

rim-shot-drums.gif

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Lowry was a very good Junior coach. He is very good with young players. His style is aggressive in every zone on the ice.

Would he be a good NHL coach? Maybe.

I think Pascal Vincent would be someone they would look at. Very good with younger players and has a good track record with True North here and he is familiar with a lot of the current players

Yeah I like Vincent a lot and feel he's an excellent communicator and a good teacher. I have no idea what his systems would be here though but I'd imagine it would fit our talent profile in some way.

I like that Lowry runs aggressive schemes, think that would work well with what we have.

What are your thoughts on Patrick for the Ice?

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
In my opinion this thread tho and talking about coaching options and ppl going but who is stupid. None of us.. none zero zilch nada have a say in who is hired. We can talk about Maurice maybe being fired but pretending to make the decision on who is hired... it's either delusional or just a waste of time as truly have zero say
But that is true for just about everything around here. It is the land of keyboard GMs. What I’d do if I only could.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
But that is true for just about everything around here. It is the land of keyboard GMs. What I’d do if I only could.

I get that but... in my opinion it just isn't worth my time to say this guy or that guy. I guess all we can say for sure is after 8 seasons... it's not Maurice but since you are correct... I'd go with Dave Lowry ATM with the interim tag. Seems most realistic

Reactions: KingBogo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad