Speculation: New coach discussion

Who would you like to be the new coach

• Total voters

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
good point. additionally, we only played within that weaker division.

numbers alone are virtually meaningless. context is necessary.

I mean.

While it's true, they had down years, but you have to give credit to the teams in the same division that caused them to have down years no?

Nashville took Carolina to the limit and Dallas still almost made the playoffs in the end as well.

Only Columbus and Detroit were bad in our division. Chicago faltered towards the end, but Dallas was in the race till the end.

Reactions: harv33173

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I mean.

While it's true, they had down years, but you have to give credit to the teams in the same division that caused them to have down years no?

Nashville took Carolina to the limit and Dallas still almost made the playoffs in the end as well.

Only Columbus and Detroit were bad in our division. Chicago faltered towards the end, but Dallas was in the race till the end.

It's still not anywhere close to the Atlantic + having to play Metro teams a lot as well.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
No one said it was?

But if we are going to be adamant about that point then you might as well throw out last season and lockout years

Ok, and? It still doesn't change the fact that you can't completely compare last season' s team stats to this season' s. Context is needed.

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
Each side has a solid argument, I can be convinced both ways, that is how probably Zito sees it, it is a 50/50 decision and if any of you where asked to bet your home on what the right decision is, you more than likely be hesitant to make that bet and more than likely to leave it as an informed opinion.
But, if I was a betting man, I wouldn't.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
What will you say, Bruno haters?

:naughty:
I sincerely repent, the shame of my ancestors weighs heavy on my shoulders, I beg the all-knowing hockey forum for forgiveness, I now realize Bruno is God’s chosen, the best over all time, the GOAT coach! Let no criticism pass from this keyboard, even if Bruno keeps Barky from the shootout, even if Bruno Kees playing Vatrano and Juolevi, even if we lose 4 of 5 on the road, even if our PP gets even worse, and even if our D allows 5 short handed breakaways per game. Bruno is still the best because the best have said he’s the best, so therefore he’s the best.

Reactions: PSLguy

Jacob Roberts

Jan 27, 2011
Jinju, S Korea
I sincerely repent, the shame of my ancestors weighs heavy on my shoulders, I beg the all-knowing hockey forum for forgiveness, I now realize Bruno is God’s chosen, the best over all time, the GOAT coach! Let no criticism pass from this keyboard, even if Bruno keeps Barky from the shootout, even if Bruno Kees playing Vatrano and Juolevi, even if we lose 4 of 5 on the road, even if our PP gets even worse, and even if our D allows 5 short handed breakaways per game. Bruno is still the best because the best have said he’s the best, so therefore he’s the best.

I don’t believe Bruno is perfect, just that he deserves to keep being the coach of this team.

Do you still think he should be fired?

Reactions: harv33173

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
Is it a “well coached” team or is it a well chosen team by the god like Zito. Bruno is able to get last change at home and that works. The match ups on the road have been rough 3-5 games ago.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
This thread has quieted down because the time table to change has passed. It's odd no announcement has been made that he is finishing the season, but there's no point to talk about it anymore

Reactions: BabyBennettov

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
It quieted down because the debate was going in circles. No point arguing that the sky is blue when some people are color blind.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
It quieted down because the debate was going in circles. No point arguing that the sky is blue when some people are color blind.
It’s more like this: the sky was partly cloudy, nobody knew if it was gonna turn all sunny or all cloudy, so people argued about that. Now that it looks like it’s all sunny skies, those who argued for it claim that they knew all along and that those who didn’t agree with them suck and need to be ridiculed continuously.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
It’s more like this: the sky was partly cloudy, nobody knew if it was gonna turn all sunny or all cloudy, so people argued about that. Now that it looks like it’s all sunny skies, those who argued for it claim that they knew all along and that those who didn’t agree with them suck and need to be ridiculed continuously.

Not even. This team had enough talent that playoffs were never in question.

I wanted an experienced coach the the playoffs. Not everyone has to share that opinion.

Rooting for a team doesn't mean automatically agreeing and being happy every step of the way.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
This thread has quieted down because the time table to change has passed. It's odd no announcement has been made that he is finishing the season, but there's no point to talk about it anymore

Like you I think it’s odd…

But maybe it is all part of Zito’s great master-plan to keep the pressure on Brunette !

« Show me you can keep progressing in your role with this team, or you’ll be director of player personnel next year and I’ll search for an experienced guy in the summer ! »

:popcorn:

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
I said lets see if he can adjust or find the right points. He changed "the Duke" on Benett line and it works. Barkov and reinhardt with player X will also find some chemistry.
Lomberg Line is running. Current all Lines are running and this Team current, is current Top Level. Its maybe a Season a lot of People wont forget.
Some maybe will take Covid 19 as excuse, but this Team would play the same Level even without it and that makes it so awesome.

And it says the Coach and his Staff found the right Answer to some problems. You put energy on a line who showed no energy might work. :D

BillyZito

Feb 13, 2022
Can Zito remove the interim tag now or does he have to wait until end of year?
Maybe he's waiting to see what happens in plyoffs first?

Reactions: 5 Hole

BillyZito

Feb 13, 2022
I do think the playoffs will be the true test. I’m rooting for him. Let’s keep the train rollin.

Yes, to quote the great Pierre Dorion, they're a team but don't think anyone thought they'd be this dominant.
They're improving the goals against lately and the road record is getting better.
Is there any major concerns left? The PK could be a bit more consistent but acciari back can help that.

Didn't know if Brunette would crash and burn but you can see him moving players up and down the lineup.
The guys seem to like him a lot.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2