Speculation: New coach discussion

Who would you like to be the new coach

• Total voters

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
It feels like Bruno’s job is on a day-to-day status if the lose and a week-to-week status if they win.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Which of those is in the best interests of the team and our fans?
Neither really, so the best would be for Zito to either make a change or declare that Bruno is no longer “interim” HC this season. Yeah, Z deserves some blame for letting the speculation continue… which can only be because he’s still mulling it over and a change might still happen. Otherwise he’d have said that Bruno is it for the rest of the year. So: you can’t blame fans for talking about it.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
It feels like Bruno’s job is on a day-to-day status if the lose and a week-to-week status if they win.

Neither really, so the best would be for Zito to either make a change or declare that Bruno is no longer “interim” HC this season. Yeah, Z deserves some blame for letting the speculation continue… which can only be because he’s still mulling it over and a change might still happen. Otherwise he’d have said that Bruno is it for the rest of the year. So: you can’t blame fans for talking about it.

Here a thought. That questionable status is only for the outside and the day-to-day, week-to-week is only with the reactionary fans that ride the ups and downs of a season.

Unless Zito is a complete idiot manager, which I don't think he is, he would have already told Bruno the plan. He doesn't need to make it 'official' by making some announcement. Not everything happens in public.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Here a thought. That questionable status is only for the outside and the day-to-day, week-to-week is only with the reactionary fans that ride the ups and downs of a season.

Unless Zito is a complete idiot manager, which I don't think he is, he would have already told Bruno the plan. He doesn't need to make it 'official' by making some announcement. Not everything happens in public.
I’m not so sure because GOLDIE still called Bruno the “interim HC”. Maybe I’m reading too much into it, or maybe not.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
I’m not so sure because GOLDIE still called Bruno the “interim HC”. Maybe I’m reading too much into it, or maybe not.

Does that mean Goldie considers Bruno week to week or whatever? Could be not also just consider Bruno the coach for this year? Is Goldie now part of management and privy to all that goes on?

Why does it even matter? Does Zito saying he's the permanent head coach mean change your view on Bruno for some reason?

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Why does it even matter? Does Zito saying he's the permanent head coach mean change your view on Bruno for some reason?
I’ll stop talking about a new HC. Now there’s no reason to do so yet.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Vegas is not in our conference so that’s irrelevant. I don’t even think we have more than 2 on anyone in the east. We lose tonight and tomorrow night I’m sure it’s still all rainbows and roses right?

Silly goose...you should always assume we're gonna lose until we actually win...cause um..we're 5th overall..no....uhm.....cause Bruno!!!!

So now what ?

I guess we have to lose the next four games because.

Am I doing this right ?

;)

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
So now what ?

I guess we have to lose the next four games because.

Am I doing this right ?

;)
Are you related somehow to Brunette?

Your absolute confidence in him as the head coach of a Stanley Cup contender amazes me.

The way you belittle and condescend anyone who has a differing opinion is troubling.

At the next family dinner be sure to let him know what a great job he's been doing, even better than Q!

Seriously though, folks are permitted to have different opinions. We can both look at an incident and have completely different viewpoints on what occurred. That's why eyewitnesses can be hard to use in a criminal case!

Last edited:
Reactions: harv33173

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Winning is winning.

Would like to know how

1. PP will be fixed

2. Not give up 3 goals a game

And if your answer is "goalie" I hope you can be more creative than that. 3.3 goals against since the coaching change is more than enough of a sample size.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
3 goals a game is not something that Bruno will even have a hand on fixing. It’ll be addressed by Zito through 1 or 2 trades.

it’s the pp that concerns me.
This nails it right here. The structure doesn’t break down a lot. Some of our d make mistakes or get beat cleanly in one on one situations. Has happened since before q was gone. And goaltending. Goaltending. Goaltending. Has taken a serious dive lately. It’s literally that one soft goal a game that wasn’t going in before is the difference right now.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
This roster is not built to play elite d. This is t the islanders of the last few years. It’s built to outplay and outchance teams. Which it has done consistently all year. Why does everyone think a sudden change is going to or is reasonable to happen? Just makes abasoluteky no sense . The team is good enough defensively to win with the offense it creates as long as the goaltending plays decent.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
This roster is not built to play elite d. This is t the islanders of the last few years. It’s built to outplay and outchance teams. Which it has done consistently all year. Why does everyone think a sudden change is going to or is reasonable to happen? Just makes abasoluteky no sense . The team is good enough defensively to win with the offense it creates as long as the goaltending plays decent.
I agree in principle, almost at least, with the last sentence. I’d say that they are good enough defensively as long as all regular D are healthy to play. And yes they can win as long as that one softie is eliminated per game, or in 2 of 3 games. However, that’s where the problem also lies, not just that we don’t have Vasy to bail out the D time and again, but that the D has to be nearly perfect to THEIR skill level, because Bob isn’t Vasy.

Therefore I will STILL conclude that we need another #4-ish D and we need even more consistency from Bob. If those two things happen, and our forwards stay mostly healthy, yeah we can win a series or two or who knows how far?

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
I agree in principle, almost at least, with the last sentence. I’d say that they are good enough defensively as long as all regular D are healthy to play. And yes they can win as long as that one softie is eliminated per game, or in 2 of 3 games. However, that’s where the problem also lies, not just that we don’t have Vasy to bail out the D time and again, but that the D has to be nearly perfect to THEIR skill level, because Bob isn’t Vasy.

Therefore I will STILL conclude that we need another #4-ish D and we need even more consistency from Bob. If those two things happen, and our forwards stay mostly healthy, yeah we can win a series or two or who knows how far?
Agreed we need a top4 d. Good thing is our versatility allows to get ld or rd. Almost guarantee zito will try to upgrade

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Are you related somehow to Brunette?

Your absolute confidence in him as the head coach of a Stanley Cup contender amazes me.

The way you belittle and condescend anyone who has a differing opinion is troubling.

At the next family dinner be sure to let him know what a great job he's been doing, even better than Q!

Seriously though, folks are permitted to have different opinions. We can both look at an incident and have completely different viewpoints on what occurred. That's why eyewitnesses can be hard to use in a criminal case!

Never too high, never too low…

I’m just here to bring in some little bit of balance in the debate, because Brunette isn’t getting a fair treatment IMO.

That’s all…

And don’t begin with the condescending talks, or Brunette relative…

It’s like Andrew has shot voluntarily everyone’s dog around here sometimes !

I don’t even care who’s our coach, I believe in this team.

Have a happy new year, and let’s have Zito put a statement early next year so we can stop all this non-sense…

Edit: Because at least, I’ll know I don’t have to go to the « Fire Brunette ASAP » thread lol

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2