Speculation: New Captain in 2015/16

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Did MacT and da boyz vote for Schultz? The guy is the opposite of a captain. Gets pushed around, creates horrible turnovers, and doesn't stand up for his teammates. At least Ference doesn't take any ****

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Taylor Hall not doubt

But I feel Nurse would be a better captain in 3-4 years and even Klefbom in 2 or 3 years

Klefbom is a calming presence out there and has great leadership characterstics.

Nurse is a tough SOB that would be an incredible motivator

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
We need a captain that stands up for himself and his teammates. That means no Hall and Eberle to an extent. Both are great players and it's best we don't put this weight on them. Klefbom, Lander, Nurse, RNH are fine candidates for future considerations.

BloodForOil

Feb 14, 2013
Edmonton
I think Ference should hold onto the C until his contract is over, that being said...
My rankings for future captains are:

1) RNH- he has shown great character this year, proven himself to be a leader that walks the walk
2) Hall - His passion on the ice is never in the question, he seems to always bring emotion back to an emotionless game with his effort
3) Lander- A lot of good people for 3, but i pick Lander because he's been a leader before, he always gives it all he has and he plays with a lot of passion and intensity

Lock

Apr 5, 2008
Oh I know it's a downright miniscule chance. I'm just saying that would be the only way Ference isn't the captain until his contract runs out

Fair enough. I can agree with that.

What the hell, give it to Schultzie, lets see what the kid can really do. Make him Captain/Player/Coach while we're at it and then when MacT goes on holidays he can step in as interim GM.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
I don't think the oilers will give the C to any one else for a while, i think Ference will play out his contract here.

That being said I would give it to Nuge, Hall a close second.

JoeCool16

Sep 9, 2011
Vancouver
The only good thing about Ference being around for another couple years (my god) is that allows seasoning time for the prospective candidates. I see people saying Nuge or even Klefbom, but I think it'll become more apparent who the captain should be and let them take it when they're in their mid 20s rather than early 20s, when they'll be a bit more mature and closer to their primes.

Lock

Apr 5, 2008
The only good thing about Ference being around for another couple years (my god) is that allows seasoning time for the prospective candidates. I see people saying Nuge or even Klefbom, but I think it'll become more apparent who the captain should be and let them take it when they're in their mid 20s rather than early 20s, when they'll be a bit more mature and closer to their primes.

By then it'll be at least 11 years without playoffs. Without even a sniff.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Since the title says "New Captain in 15/16" I think we can remove Nurse, Klefbom and Lander. Even if they are C material it is too early.

No, one more year of Ference and then we'll see. The favorites for 16/17 are Hall and RNH. IMO the most prominent dark horse is Lander, but many things need to happen in a year for him to really be a vialble option.

BadMedicine*

I speculate and hope for the health and evolution of the organistion that the DE era is completely remediated by years end and that Ference passes the"C" to Nuge on the last home game of the season,just to get some clarity going into next season.

RNH sets the example he is the stick that stirs the Oilers drink.He has risen to the task and grabbed the Bull by the Horns.......make it so please.

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
Other- 3 assistants until Mcdavid or one of the kids earn it. Honestly if I had to choose itd be between Nuge and Lander. Love what Lander brings. He was a major leader as a teenager in the SEL. Thats got to mean something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad