OT: New boards

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
After all the adjustments the board is looking and operating probably similar or better than previous. Not sure if all the add banners won't be migrated here or they're just taking time to rig those up. In the meantime this is pretty special and like how the internet used to look without add banners flying all over the place.

Some feedback that the page numbers in light grey barely contrasts with white, to the degree you almost have to hilite them to see the numbers. I mean hey I'm no web guru but pick a different color or hue. Not hard to do.. Even the message type face should be darker, like black, instead of grey.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Site is very poor on phone. Nothing was updating yesterday even before the Chariot trade. As well I don't like how you can't select which page you want to go to.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Site is very poor on phone. Nothing was updating yesterday even before the Chariot trade. As well I don't like how you can't select which page you want to go to.
You can select page number of threads to go to. Like I said though the font of the page numbers was such a light grey that it looked offwhite, and you could hardly see it. Looks like they made a tiny adjustment but its still not enough contrast to pick it out. I have a bit of trouble discerning the numbers.

Scroll to top of this page, and just in line under board heading, "Edmonton Oilers" you can select what page number you want. On front page you can select page number at bottom to see past threads, or below each thread heading page numbers are listed.

All that said with the Grey on White being poor contrast I would have a lot of trouble picking anything out on a smartphone sized screen.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
You can select page number of threads to go to. Like I said though the font of the page numbers was such a light grey that it looked offwhite, and you could hardly see it. Looks like they made a tiny adjustment but its still not enough contrast to pick it out. I have a bit of trouble discerning the numbers.

Scroll to top of this page, and just in line under board heading, "Edmonton Oilers" you can select what page number you want. On front page you can select page number at bottom to see past threads, or below each thread heading page numbers are listed.

All that said with the Grey on White being poor contrast I would have a lot of trouble picking anything out on a smartphone sized screen.
Don’t see that option on mobile.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
I don't remember members being able to see old usernames on Xenforo 1.5. They Could see it on the old old board vBullletin.

When was the changeover from vBulletin to Xenforo?

I remember checking old usernames within the past 1-2 years.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
When was the changeover from vBulletin to Xenforo?

I remember checking old usernames within the past 1-2 years.
Yeah. There was definitely a feature like that on the previous board. If you opened a user’s profile there was a button that said ‘previous user name’ or something like that. Clicking that revealed all previous user names. It didn’t appear on every profile, so I assumed that only those users who had changed their handles at least once had that feature.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Keep seeing a sponsored thread called "Ryan Nugent-Hopkins '16-17 and Beyond" at the bottom of the page. It was last posted in July 30, 2016.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad