OT: New boards

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Nice changes so far. Big improvements from yesterday :thumbu:
Do you mind posting what changes have been made since yesterday? I'm sure most are obvious, but wouldn't be a bad idea for people to note what has changed for the better, in case it involves changing something in their settings. I've noticed larger Avatars, and poster stats are no longer in a drop down menu, but displayed under their picture like it was before.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
using my desktop, zoomed into 125% and it looks much better. Everything is unnecessarily small, while the margins are unnecessarily huge. Also I think the font in general is too small, or at least doesn't show up well enough on the dark mode background.

The dark mode isn't sitting right with me though. Not enough contrast or not dark enough or something. Other dark modes I feel my eyes relax when it's turned on, but this one is just as hard on the eyes.
Appreciate the zoom suggestion. 125%. dark mode and reducing the margins makes it look much better. On desktop anyway. Don't like the username inside a white capsule.

Reactions: 3IR

AUAIOMRN

Aug 22, 2005
Edmonton
This may have been mentioned already, but there is an "expand" button in the lower left if you scroll all the way to the bottom. It removes those ridiculous margins that eat up half the screen.

Bobieque

Low n' Slow (Me & the Food)
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2006
High River
I was really liking the Dark theme, with the one issue of the "red font" on someone's name if they are in a reply. Can't make out that red font so switched back to light so I can see who's posting and being replied to.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
As much as there are things that I don’t care for on the new platform, I’ll take this all day long over the previous board which had those stupid reloading ‘trivia question’ ads that caused posters to lose posts repeatedly while typing them out. I’m going to assume that the owners of the site listened to the users complaints and tried to improve. That’s appreciated.

Reactions: oilers'72

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Yeah the mobile experience is much improved. It was basically getting unusable at the end with all the ads, slowness and constant refreshing. They still need to add the page navigation buttons at the top though.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Yeah the mobile experience is much improved. It was basically getting unusable at the end with all the ads, slowness and constant refreshing. They still need to add the page navigation buttons at the top though.

100% regarding the bolded. The “arrow down” they added helps but it’s not the same

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Is there anyway to be able to select what page of the thread you wanna go to? So far I'm only seeing the arrows that take you back n forth one page at a time.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Maybe its just me, but the signatures are especially annoying on this forum now. Why not just make the signatures full screen pics already?

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
I don’t see a button to click that takes me to the first unread post; am I missing it? I need that feature for sanity. Edit: is that the pin on the right-hand side?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad