OT: New boards

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Anyway to get rid of the members online and upcoming events that is now on the right side of my screen?

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
I liked new boards on mobile before the ads slide in from both the top and bottom of the screen. Screen really spazzes up n down when I'm trying to close them

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
I'm someone that usually hates change but I actually really like the look of the new boards.

I use HF mostly on desktop.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Honestly the browsing and posting experience on desktop with adblock is pretty good. The only problem I’ve noticed is notifications not appearing sometimes.

However, the experience on mobile is absolutely rancid. The ads are so intrusive (which is nothing new) but the big one is the pages randomly scrolling up uncommanded. Like you would be scrolling and about to hit reply and in that instant the page scrolls up and you pick a random post. The simplifying of the text format icons also makes shitposting take a lot longer.

Reactions: oilers'72

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
I liked new boards on mobile before the ads slide in from both the top and bottom of the screen. Screen really spazzes up n down when I'm trying to close them
Do you use an ad blocker? I don’t have that issue.

And props to those in charge of continually making changes. I was pretty critical when the upgrade came out, but you guys have listened to us, and tweaked things a lot. So much appreciated. Site is much improved.

Reactions: yukoner88

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Honestly the browsing and posting experience on desktop with adblock is pretty good. The only problem I’ve noticed is notifications not appearing sometimes.

However, the experience on mobile is absolutely rancid. The ads are so intrusive (which is nothing new) but the big one is the pages randomly scrolling up uncommanded. Like you would be scrolling and about to hit reply and in that instant the page scrolls up and you pick a random post. The simplifying of the text format icons also makes shitposting take a lot longer.

One other issue I've run into is when I'm trying to post an image, it'll sometimes insert it into the quote (seemingly randomly). So I have to delete and re-add. Not sure why that happens. Otherwise, the site works great now after the tweaks

Reactions: yukoner88

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
when I am on my tablet, it is almost impossible to follow a game thread. It is very behind and keeps caching to an older page. The post game thread is not visible until much later, I usually wait till next morning to look at it

Reactions: joestevens29

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Do you use an ad blocker? I don’t have that issue.

And props to those in charge of continually making changes. I was pretty critical when the upgrade came out, but you guys have listened to us, and tweaked things a lot. So much appreciated. Site is much improved.

Yeah I do use an adblocker, both on mobile and on the laptop.

The laptop I have no issues with anymore, as youve said, they've done a fantastic job (in quick fashion I might add), to get through most of the initial kinks.

Mobile is mostly alright, but I still get the ads that slide in from the top n the bottom of the page. They aren't a huge issue since you can close them, but when the top ad slides in, it comes in after a delay, and forces my page to scroll down a fair bit, then when I close that ad, the page would scroll/pop upwards again. If it didn't scroll from that top pop up ad, it'd be easier to click around

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad