OT: New Board -- How Do I...?

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
I need the ignore thread button back so I don't have to see y'all talking about football or lounge discussions.

Also the quotes no longer being a different colour on the page really annoys me.

member 116861

I need the ignore thread button back so I don't have to see y'all talking about football or lounge discussions.

Also the quotes no longer being a different colour on the page really annoys me.

Woah! You ain't getting likes from me anymore.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Guys, just go into your account and edit your preferences. Ignore and follow are all on there.
2017-09-28.png

Reactions: Bubba Thudd

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Sorry don't know how to work this thing yet but this is Courtesy of Avs44 from last night-

If you don't like the big blank white space on the right, go to the front page of the board (just click the HFboards logo at the top), and on the top right side of the page - next to the current drop down menu selector - will be a button you can click that will get rid of that space.

Look at this guy, stealing all my likes :eviltongu

Anyways, I checked out the mobile HF and it's actually a fantastic upgrade. However, on PC, I really preferred the old drop down menu. Having to scroll through this one is annoying. Also will agree with others that I miss the ignore thread feature.

Edit: apparently shaming ya'll into giving me likes works :p:

Last edited:

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
No "Last page" button on the threads is kind of annoying. It was already small, but now it really is just a little tiny number you click on.

Minor complaint, but haven't seen it yet.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Look at this guy, stealing all my likes :eviltongu

Anyways, I checked out the mobile HF and it's actually a fantastic upgrade. However, on PC, I really preferred the old drop down menu. Having to scroll through this one is annoying. Also will agree with others that I miss the ignore thread feature.

In the top right there's a button with 4 lines and an arrow, it allows you to bring up a quick nav for the forums. Similar functionality to the before version.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I'll get used to it, but it's annoying that threads with new posts aren't highlighted in bold.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
If anyone figures out how to find that little pop out that had people's number of posts in a certain thread please let me know. I have only one job on this forum and that is to post people's post count in the lounge. :cry:

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
I figure a lot of the really obvious stuff will be fixed fairly soon, like the darker tone or borders around posts. And, like others here, I also hope they allow for ignoring threads or complete sections. On the old board, you could minimize the parts you didn't want to see every time you visited and they'd stay that way until you reversed it. But so far on here minimizing only works for that single visit. Once you come back all those boards are there, mocking you.
And autoplay video ads on mobile is an absolute crime.
But it's early in the change-over. You gotta think this stuff is being processed and we'll see some changes before long.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Another complaint....

I absolutely HATE where they've put the post's time on the very bottom of the post. I've noticed I am going through a couple pages of posts that I've already read to get to the new ones because I don't know when it's been posted. So I find myself checking the time and dates after every post, extremely inconvenient.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Another complaint....

I absolutely HATE where they've put the post's time on the very bottom of the post. I've noticed I am going through a couple pages of posts that I've already read to get to the new ones because I don't know when it's been posted. So I find myself checking the time and dates after every post, extremely inconvenient.
Yup this is the worst part. The combo of this and no separation between posts (or lack there of)

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I second everything people as brought up so far. Some of these are very annoying. One thing I would like back that I don't think anybody has mentioned yet is the ability to hide people's avatars. It reduces the height of each post quite a bit and therefore less scrolling. We could do that before.

The blue toolbar at the top also needs to go. It hides part of the post when you go to the "first unread message" in a thread.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Seems like things are starting to slowly be added.

Thread tags are here and they're hideous. I'm not even a UI designer and when I do things with color implications I know to mirror them up with the overall theme of the deliverable. Using different shading, consistent font colors, etc. You can't toss a yellow banner into a red, white and gray themed board unless it's the only contrasting color.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad