OT: New Board -- How Do I...?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I would like to file a complaint (Suggestions) and I hope Fugu see's it...

1. There needs to be a red border outline to separate everyone's posts.

2. Quote sections in the post MUST be shaded darker than original post.

3. Get rid of a lot of the white side bar to the right. Add that feature we had in the last HFB with new thread section.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I completely appreciate how difficult it is to change something on an entrenched user base, it sucks. But having administrated forums before I feel like there's clear misses. Maybe they chalked it up to a future release.

Ignoring software (ugh), there's some changes needed.
  • Buttons are too small for bigger screens or for mobile.
  • Mobile theme and light/dark themes for both mobile and desktop.
  • Distinguishing one post from another is difficult, especially with how signatures and posts seem to just stack together.
  • Avatars should be emphasized more, crank it up to 125x125 or 150x150.
  • Team Banners, let's see people represent which team is their favorite so we don't have to guess anymore.
  • Mobile advertisements are intrusive.
  • Mobile sub-forums cannot be selected.
  • 21st century emoticons... it's time.
  • Remove social media junk, don't need facebook or twitter buttons on thread posts, no one used it years ago or today.
Solid job on the migration all things considered, besides missing a latest dataset pull. Relatively good feature set, at least it isn't vbulletin or some such nonsense. But honestly, could have gone with IPB or with SMF if cost was the issue.

Reactions: Ness and BrickAHL

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I completely appreciate how difficult it is to change something on an entrenched user base, it sucks. But having administrated forums before I feel like there's clear misses. Maybe they chalked it up to a future release.

• Distinguishing one post from another is difficult, especially with how signatures and posts seem to just stack together.
  • Team Banners, let's see people represent which team is their favorite so we don't have to guess anymore.
  • Remove social media junk, don't need facebook or twitter buttons on thread posts, no one used it years ago or today.
Solid job on the migration all things considered, besides missing a latest dataset pull. Relatively good feature set, at least it isn't vbulletin or some such nonsense. But honestly, could have gone with IPB or with SMF if cost was the issue.

Agree with everything except for the bolded. It's all we have left!

It is growing on me though, just going to take some time to get used to. Definitely smoother.

A few other problems:

- When you click the alerts tab on mobile, you can't close it without clicking else where, and half the time I end up clicking on a new link trying to close it. It should be click to view it, and then click it again to close it.

- Ability to block/mute threads.

- Personally I loved the old HF mobile version, it was pretty bare bones but it's all you needed and was very easy to navigate.

- On mobile it doesn't say who last posted.

- Autoplay. Stop it.

I'm assuming a lot of the issues people are talking about now are going to be addressed in the future though.

Reactions: BrickAHL

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

I have experience with SMF, and boy would that of been nice.

Here is a how too.. WHY is the video in the trade thread autoplaying and how do we stop that?

TheForsbergShow

Apr 4, 2016
Edmonton
I would like to file a complaint (Suggestions) and I hope Fugu see's it...

3. Get rid of a lot of the white side bar to the right. Add that feature we had in the last HFB with new thread section.

Sorry don't know how to work this thing yet but this is Courtesy of Avs44 from last night-

If you don't like the big blank white space on the right, go to the front page of the board (just click the HFboards logo at the top), and on the top right side of the page - next to the current drop down menu selector - will be a button you can click that will get rid of that space.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Sorry don't know how to work this thing yet but this is Courtesy of Avs44 from last night-

If you don't like the big blank white space on the right, go to the front page of the board (just click the HFboards logo at the top), and on the top right side of the page - next to the current drop down menu selector - will be a button you can click that will get rid of that space.

I don't mind having the list on the right side of the home page. But the blank space when you navigate to a different page is senseless.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Agree with everything except for the bolded. It's all we have left!

21st century emotes man, they don't have to replace the old ones.

gloomy_by_cookiemagik-d5s3r8n.gif

super_volley_revamp_revamp_by_cookiemagik.gif

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I agree that we absolutely need the ignore thread feature. When I click on this board for example, I want to see AVS stuff and I don't want to swim through football threads, OT threads, Fantasy threads and all that stuff.

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
Hated it at first when I logged on but I think I am starting to like it. I don't know man...

member 116861

We can put our occupation in our profile now? That is kind of weird plus no one going to believe me when I say pro wrestler.

Reactions: 5280

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad