Confirmed with Link: New Away Jersey Reveal August 20th

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
8DC47B8D-C9EA-4398-BF40-952F7BE52B68.jpeg
Dougie just posted a sneak peak on his instagram story and the numbers will be red with black outline.
Dougie Hamilton (@dougieham) • Instagram photos and videos

TheBigLetowski

Jul 31, 2016
Kind of bummed. Thought we might be getting away from the White. I guess I was hoping for grey and red mix to go with the black and reds. Guess we'll see tomorrow.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Going to be interesting to see what happens if Williams signs. I can't see Rod sitting any of McGinn, Martinook, or Foegele. So it's either make Wallmark the 13th forward (probably not likely), or send Necas back to the AHL. The proverbial "good problem to have".

Reactions: AD Skinner

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Going to be interesting to see what happens if Williams signs. I can't see Rod sitting any of McGinn, Martinook, or Foegele. So it's either make Wallmark the 13th forward (probably not likely), or send Necas back to the AHL. The proverbial "good problem to have".
I think it will mostly work out with injuries, occasionally sitting the guys you mentioned, and maybe even Necas every once in a while, but not often. Or maybe they do just send Necas down until an injury. I still wouldn't be opposed to trading one of the bottom of the roster guys in the right trade. We also don't know what will happen with Saku.

I also said it after filling out the lineup with Dzingle, but we could be in a position to rest Williams on back to backs or 3 in 4s occasionally if he's agreeable to that. Keeping him fresh could be huge, but he may not want to as captain.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
As a side note, I don't think the Canes are necessarily putting too much priority on the expansion draft, but the way they've structured the contracts, they are probably in pretty good shape.

TVR and Faulk are UFAs after this year and one or both are likely gone.
Haula is also a UFA after this year so TBD on him.
Dzingle, Martinook, McGinn, Hamilton, Mrazek, Reimer are all UFAs right before the draft. Unless the Canes extend them prior to the draft, they don't have to protect them and can try to re-sign who they want after the draft.

F: Aho, TT, Svech, Staal (NMC), Nino, Foegele (?) and one of Wallmark, Geekie, Gauthier, Kuokkanen
D: Pesce, Slavin, Bean(?)
G: Nedeljkovic

Exempt: Luostarinen, Necas, Stellios, Priskie, Sellgren and a bunch of other guys drafted in the last few years.

So should they not sign anyone else next y ear, maybe they lose Fleury or 1 of Wallmark, Geekie, Gauthier, Kuokkanen.

Too early to worry about it, but when I was looking at capfriendly when discussing Williams, I noticed that.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
If this really is a Williams announcement bundled with the new aways....

Man, from a personnel standpoint, its big news across the league, because adding him to what we already have added puts us firmly in contention this season.

Reactions: DaveG

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Lets be honest, the whole state does

100% agree haha. My dad lived there for 8 years. The only thing I looked forward to when visiting New Jersey was getting to see my dad, the pizza, and the bagels. I hate the state of New Jersey, dreaded going. But I’d go about 4-5 times a year to visit him.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007

Some of the comments from Sara Civ make me believe not playing Necas in the NHL this year could end poorly for us.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad