Confirmed with Link: New Away Jersey Reveal August 20th

ViktorBaeArvidsson

Greenville Swamp Rabbits fan lol
Feb 18, 2017
The Bible Belt of South Carolina
Just referring to the steady release of news from the organization all year to keep the Canes relevant. The timing seems just right after all of the GM hoopla.

"Just as they start to pay attention to another team...DRIP! More Canes news."
I’ll still like it, you quoted my favorite character from that show :thumbu:

Reactions: Unsustainable

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Yeah, I feel like it pops in all the wrong ways. But anytime they've done unusual gold, like those Flyers unis a few years ago, I haven't loved it.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Glorious. You guys are wrong. Clean and the gold pops perfectly without being too glitzy. The texture on the buffalo is amazing too. Can’t imagine “busy” being used to describe this, it’s so clean.

008CFFBA-5773-4C4C-943C-57453AF7061F.jpeg

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
"It's the 90's, hey. Is someone going to come to you at the field and say that 'sorry guy, but you got “ladies' shoes” in your feet?"

- funny Finnish sketch show sketch about a sports store clerk who's insisting on selling high heels instead of over-pronation sneakers to a patron

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
If the past is any indication, this announcement will result in the following stages:
  • high anticipation, with significant fear that Dundon is completely over his head and belongs nowhere hear a hockey team,
  • initial outrage, with concurrent mocking of Dundon, who is clearly completely over his head and belongs nowhere near a hockey team,
  • bargaining, while acknowledging that Dundon is still likely completely over his head and belongs nowhere near a hockey team, but this was likely not a horrible outcome,
  • acceptance, while working very hard not to give Dundon any credit, because clearly, he's over his head and belongs nowhere near a hockey team
  • excitement that -- despite the non-traditional process -- it was an excellent move, executed perfectly, and maybe Dundon knows what he's doing, but probably not.
The five stages of Dundon.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
If the past is any indication, this announcement will result in the following stages:
  • high anticipation, with significant fear that Dundon is completely over his head and belongs nowhere hear a hockey team,
  • initial outrage, with concurrent mocking of Dundon, who is clearly completely over his head and belongs nowhere near a hockey team,
  • bargaining, while acknowledging that Dundon is still likely completely over his head and belongs nowhere near a hockey team, but this was likely not a horrible outcome,
  • acceptance, while working very hard not to give Dundon any credit, because clearly, he's over his head and belongs nowhere near a hockey team
  • excitement that -- despite the non-traditional process -- it was an excellent move, executed perfectly, and maybe Dundon knows what he's doing, but probably not.
At the initial stages, where you ever thinking to abandon Dundon?

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Sabers new jerseys remind me of when you see those blinged-out license plate frames on a total POS car that has the bumper falling off and ****

Reactions: DaveG

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
At the initial stages, where you ever thinking to abandon Dundon?

Dundon had me at "hello."

Seriously, I gave up on Karmanos as a steward of the club during the second lockout in 2005. It became clear to me, as my issues as a concerned employee at the time got a lot of attention, that the people running the organization were stunningly mediocre, all the way to the top. It also became clear that Karmanos and Rutherford were 100 percent comfortable with this.

The championship in 2006 definitely shocked a lot of people, and probably bought Karmanos a decade or more of good will, but in the end, the stench of mediocrity is impossible to fully eliminate. Then JR completed what he started and ran us into the ground, and Ron Francis was a bitter disappointment. But at the end of the day, nobody really had a chance as long as Karmanos was around. Mediocrity was always going to be acceptable.

Dundon changed everything for me on Day 1, and I've never had a doubt. If anything, the success was much faster and more clearcut than I'd even imagined. I *knew* this level of success and excitement was possible with this club, but it was never going to happen under Karmanos.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC

Dundon is going to live rent-free inside the head of the entire NHL and all its fandom this year like you-know-who does with the media. It will be glorious.

Reactions: DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1