Confirmed with Link: New Away Jersey Reveal August 20th

Cane mutiny

Ahoy_Aho
Sep 5, 2006
Oh ****, we're gonna be the first team to wear patches like a tramp stamp at the NHL level
Plaid patches on the elbows are the only thing that could make these jerseys worse. God awful. All that hype and put zero thought into them. Just throw 5 letters on the front and expect to make money on the 'new jersey'.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I love our original logo, so I would have loved that jersey. But it isn't exactly creative or new or exciting or imaginative either, which seems to be a complaint from many.
The history of the logo (has been our logo since the team's inception, coupled with the fact we wore it during our Stanley Cup win) and the cleanness of the design makes up for the lack of creativity. Can't really say the same for the new jersey except for maybe the cleanness.

Put me down as someone who is disappointed we seem to be moving away from that logo. If we were like say, the Phoenix Coyotes who have never won anything, I could get behind moving away from the Hurricane logo and rebranding more often. But we've had the same logo for so long and we've actually had some success with it that some people are rightly attached to it.

htdoc

Oct 30, 2018
Guy posted this on Twitter. So fricking close to being perfect

Hate what they did...

like the black jersey with the flags.. am more of a traditionalist in that I like the original swirling toilet logo so would have preferred some update on that like the posted twitter picture...

Like the idea of the jerks one off run just from the marketing element side of things...

Of all the options for new whites, this official one is my least favorite that I’ve seen

Reactions: DaveG

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I will say, at least the letters/numbers are back to being red again. I never understood the black with the weird gray outline, that one revamp got rid of the silver almost entirely and then for some reason left it as the most minor and almost unseeable of details.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Honestly never appreciated the Canes original logo until this. Its better.
I really don't get all the hate for our primary logo. Maybe i'm biased but I love the logo (and I love our red home jersey). I care about them. I do like the second logo but I do not want to watch Canes without our tradional logo. f*** the haters.

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
I really don't get all the hate for our primary logo. Maybe i'm biased but I love the logo (and I love our red home jersey). I care about them. I do like the second logo but I do not want to watch Canes without our tradional logo. **** the haters.

I wouldnt call it hate.

I was just so used to it and now that its taken away, im like wait a minute. I miss it.

Cane mutiny

Ahoy_Aho
Sep 5, 2006
Someone on another post said we could have used CAROLINA. I think I would have liked that better than Canes at least, tho I dislike lettering in general.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
The more I have thought about this, the more I am coming around to liking them. I still have a few issues with them (still wish the wordmark was black) but I am starting to see how these are the perfect set for us.

If ever there was going to be a franchise that would go against the grain of the established norm and wear 3 uniforms that have different crest marks and really don't share any cohesion, its this franchise at this point in time. Through the last, hell 18 months or so, through the GMBC, Brindy hire, Storm Surge, Bunch of Jerks, Aho offer sheet, and the dunking on the media that Dundon performed, our existence right now is to thumb our noses at and tick off the established community. So in that regard, oh yeah, these jerseys couldn't have been more suited for us. The only way they could have leaned in more with this is to have put JERKS on the front instead of CANES.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00