McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
jon-gruden-raiders.gif

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I was hoping they would go with a guy born in the United States but Canada is close I guess
That would be true if Canada took on a special military operation across the Manitoba border to save all the Beavers and Moose in Minnesota. Alas Gruden is still American, he will be a very good asst. coach.

As for a Canadian, please get Savard to run the offense. Let Kelly help out with the PK.

Last edited:

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I think Kelly would get forward defense/PK duty and Gruden will focus on the D corp

Sacco is the unknown at this point now that he's interviewing for the Sharks gig

From what I understand he was not a very good coach in CO. I don't know what he does as an assistant in Boston, or how good he is at it.

But, intuitivley, I wouldn't be sorry to see him go.

Love Chris Kelly, and hope the new staff is a strong one. Looks good with this hire.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
An addendum to the Flint incident -- Gruden was indeed fired then reinstated and given a 3-year contract extension, but he was fired Feb of the same season, so he didn't finish out the season. Idiot owner's son was on the team and demanded that Gruden play him more, which Gruden actually did, but wouldn't put him on the main PP unit because the kid wasn't all that good. Funny thing is that when the players did their walkout and threw their jerseys on the floor of the front office, Nilsen, the owner's son was one of the players who threw his jersey on the floor. Pretty remarkable that all those kids, some of whom had been drafted, were bold enough to take the risk of packing their bags and walking out. Says a ton about Gruden's impact on young players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad