New Arenas in the KHL-VHL-MHL Part II

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
thx @ult

I did not realise it, just copying their press-release. Likely they used the old render. But it looks like they are building the new venue with at least 10,000 seats.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
It will be 13th KHL venue with at least 10,000 seats. Then 6 venues with 6-9,000 seats & 4 venues (incl. Admiral) with 5,000 seats. Plus KRS.

ult

Sep 21, 2009
It doesn't. All of them could leave that arena empty, and they wouldn't bat an eye. Nobody cares about Khodynka now. ZIL could repeat its fate. It's not theirs, so they don't care if it goes to waste. My guess is if they want to develop a piece of land, an arena is not the main reason for it. Both ZIL and VTB Park have a lot of commercial estate around them. Whatever happens they already made a lot of money.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
It doesn't. All of them could leave that arena empty, and they wouldn't bat an eye. Nobody cares about Khodynka now. ZIL could repeat its fate. It's not theirs, so they don't care if it goes to waste. My guess is if they want to develop a piece of land, an arena is not the main reason for it. Both ZIL and VTB Park have a lot of commercial estate around them. Whatever happens they already made a lot of money.
Of course, it can be like you say. But then, they need to build new Sokolniki... of course, it is possible.

Coming back to CSKA. If I get it, they will not just build a new multipurpose venue, but also other facilities for other sports. Does it mean, they will demolish & rebuild (see SKK Peterburgski) all surrounding area? Unfortunately, there are no details yet. Guessing, it is good news, the Ministry of Defence will supervise this process.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Looks like the KRS home, the Beijing National Indoor Stadium´s renovation has been finished, according to wiki the capacity is around 18,000 seat.

b89f5230a9764a51912e982a0d8a3240.jpg

Reactions: ult

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Looks like Kazan considers the construction of the new venue for 15-18,000 seats. Nothing decided yet. All in all, it would be the 15th arena with at least 10,000 seats in the KHL. Five clubs will remain with 7-10,000 seat venue, other three clubs (plus Admiral) with 5-7,000 seats. Not bad even without a new venue in Kazan.

ult

Sep 21, 2009
Looks like the KRS home, the Beijing National Indoor Stadium´s renovation has been finished, according to wiki the capacity is around 18,000 seat.

b89f5230a9764a51912e982a0d8a3240.jpg

I dunno, looks meh. I hope they won't stop at it and add bleachers.

EpKGflyUYAE9T8L.jpg

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
So, Dynamo Moscow plans to build a new hockey complex for all club´s vertical, including four ice rinks with one for 8-10k. It will be as a reserve arena for KHL team, they will keep playing the KHL games at VTB.

That is how I get it, @ult can correct me if I am wrong.

I have even stopped counting all KHL venues U/C, it is too many of them.

mkev400

Jul 21, 2016
I have no comments...

9O34icd.jpg

So they are planning on building a second legends park complex, with a back up arena for the KHL team, which is the only (?) tenant for their New Arena, which is attached to the clubs own football stadium?
Is the club involved in some shady business dealings that they have to hide money in buildings? This honestly makes no sense, since I doubt their VHL affiliate nor the MHL team would pull in 8-10k attendances...

I mean I get that Volleyball is a big sport in eastern europe, but would it out-draw hockey, to justify kicking the KHL team out of VTB arena? They don't seem to operate a basketball team either...

Reactions: Rigafan

MaxHeadroom

Jun 12, 2020
Kassel
So they are planning on building a second legends park complex, with a back up arena for the KHL team, which is the only (?) tenant for their New Arena, which is attached to the clubs own football stadium?
Is the club involved in some shady business dealings that they have to hide money in buildings? This honestly makes no sense, since I doubt their VHL affiliate nor the MHL team would pull in 8-10k attendances...
I don't get it either. They really are planning an almost exact copy of Legends Park arena? Why? Isn't VTB arena good enough? Imo it's one of the best arenas in the league.

I mean I get that Volleyball is a big sport in eastern europe, but would it out-draw hockey, to justify kicking the KHL team out of VTB arena? They don't seem to operate a basketball team either
I strongly doubt that volleyball is that much of a spectator sport in Russia that it would out-draw hockey. Dynamo once had a top-tier basketball team, but it went bankrupt and withdrew years ago. Today they only have an amateur team that competes in a regional league.

ult

Sep 21, 2009
Rostov-on-Don plans to build a new 5000 seat hockey arena, which will be a home for HC Rostov (VHL). It should be completed by 2025, the cost is 1,5 bln rubles. Here is an early draft:

pqGG2qX.jpg

MaxHeadroom

Jun 12, 2020
Kassel
Rostov-on-Don plans to build a new 5000 seat hockey arena, which will be a home for HC Rostov (VHL). It should be completed by 2025, the cost is 1,5 bln rubles. Here is an early draft:

pqGG2qX.jpg
Looks neat, but 5000 is a bit too small for KHL standards. Can't they afford a top-tier team there?

MaxHeadroom

Jun 12, 2020
Kassel
I don't think they have any intention of playing in KHL. Hence the capacity.
Considering that Rostov-on-Don is the tenth-biggest city in Russia and has a population of about one million in the core city and about two million in the metropolitan area, they should basically be able to have a KHL team though, so why do they not? Lack of sponsors?

ult

Sep 21, 2009
Considering that Rostov-on-Don is the tenth-biggest city in Russia and has a population of about one million in the core city and about two million in the metropolitan area, they should basically be able to have a KHL team though, so why do they not? Lack of sponsors?

More like they are very much into soccer. To each their own I guess...

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Considering it's on the Black sea coast it's fairly natural that ice hockey isn't really in the fabric of society there. Some artificial political projects like Sochi aside, that's just not going to happen.

ult

Sep 21, 2009
LDS Sibir, Novosibirsk, is undergoing a modernization, which will include building new stands, new locker rooms and new ice equipment. To be completed by September 1st.

P0yPbkV.jpg

uPikEGr.jpg

wkpBy1e.jpg

Reactions: Rigafan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad