New Arenas in the KHL-VHL-MHL Part II

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
So, step by step, regular season 2019-20

Torpedo occupancy 97,9% in old not-attractive barn
The same old not-attractive barn is in Sibir, while attendance is at 90%.
I think you are not that stupid, so I will rather ask - you mean the Omsk´s attendance drop after moving to Balashika?
Avto is just fine with 96%.

Of course that the new venue will increase the attendance.

ult

Sep 21, 2009
Just a quick question – why only 12,000? I feel like clubs and cities such as Yekaterinburg, Omsk, Novgorod and Novosibirsk would deserve more; at least 15k?

It's all about the money. Those arenas are partly subsidized by the regional and federal governments, who don't really care if they could fill a 15k arena instead of 12k. They'd have to do a lot of convincing seeing as you can host Olympics or World finals with a 12k arena. And you'd have to get money from people who don't care about any of that and who have better ways to spend the money. So it's take it or leave it. So no one argues and those teams are happy to get whatever they can. SKA is another story, Gazprom decided that they want the biggest hockey arena in the world and that's the end of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rigafan and penepi

Barclay Donaldson

Feb 4, 2018
Tatooine
So, step by step, regular season 2019-20

Torpedo occupancy 97,9% in old not-attractive barn
The same old not-attractive barn is in Sibir, while attendance is at 90%.
I think you are not that stupid, so I will rather ask - you mean the Omsk´s attendance drop after moving to Balashika?
Avto is just fine with 96%.

Of course that the new venue will increase the attendance.

None of that is selling out. SKA's attendance is over 100% of capacity. 96% isn't selling out and it isn't at capacity. I know you are not that so stupid, so I will rather ask - you mean they are somewhat close to selling out. 90% isn't anywhere near selling out.

The new venues will increase attendance, but within reason. They aren't going to go from 96% capacity in a small arena to 96% capacity in an arena three times as large.

ult

Sep 21, 2009
None of that is selling out. SKA's attendance is over 100% of capacity. 96% isn't selling out and it isn't at capacity. I know you are not that so stupid, so I will rather ask - you mean they are somewhat close to selling out. 90% isn't anywhere near selling out.

The new venues will increase attendance, but within reason. They aren't going to go from 96% capacity in a small arena to 96% capacity in an arena three times as large.

He is just more informed than you. 96% attendance means sold out because in Russia we count the number of people who went through the entrance, and not the number of tickets sold. And you can't double sell someone else's seat like on airplanes. And hundreds of season ticket holders will just skip not important games or because they didn't feel like going.

Attendance could easily be 90% while there are no tickets left to be sold. I thought it was obvious to everyone. Guess not.

If attendance is over 100% it just means that the arena capacity was counted 10 years ago and hasn't been updated since then. Or they didn't count the restaurant or some other human error.

Botta

Jul 12, 2010
Impressive that you have built 178 rinks since last year. Are those rinks built in established hockey cities or are there built any in "new" hockey cities?

ult

Sep 21, 2009
Novosibirsk

J2dYlkI.jpg

Omsk

xu5bglF.jpg

Last edited:

ult

Sep 21, 2009
Also in other news:

Regarding Sokolniki (Spartak home), supposedly they will begin the reconstruction in the first quarter of 2021. The first stage will be construction of a training center for their hockey school with 2 ice rinks, instead of a current arena, in the same dimensions. The second stage will be building a new 12000 arena, the details about it will be announced later.

Novokuznetsk couldn't find anyone willing to take the job of modernizing their arena. Probably because the price was too low (653 mln rub).

Novosibirsk plan to complete their arena in the summer of 2022.

The price of arena in Yekaterinburg went up to 23 bln rub.

Omsk denied the rumors of a similar price increase. And they say that it is still at 12 bln rub.

SKA are moving ahead with their arena even though they still didn't complete a full state expert examination. Which should take about 3 months. The cost of arena is 37 bln rub.

No news about Nizhny Novgorod other than that they have secured federal funding for 2021.

The new arena in Samara is set to be opened in the autumn of 2021.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
So, nothing new with CSKA, right? If all goes well, Dynamo should keep playing at VTB, Spartak at Sokolniki & CSKA at CSKA Arena.

When all venues are built, the KHL will have just three (four) clubs with 5,5 seat arena (Vityaz, Severstal, Neftekhimik & Admiral). Ideally, the three clubs (Vit, Seva, Neft) should leave the league.

ult

Sep 21, 2009
Last time it was mentioned they said that they still have plans to build it. So they haven't officially cancelled it yet. But I expect we'll hear nothing about at least till their lease of Legends Park is up. I think in 2023? That should be right about when SKA moves to their new arena, and naturally they will be a little bit jealous.

ult

Sep 21, 2009
UGMK Arena is almost topped out. They are on the last floor.

hIEzYMt.jpg

5iAzaHN.jpg

VvX7jM5.jpg

Last edited:

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Last time it was mentioned they said that they still have plans to build it. So they haven't officially cancelled it yet. But I expect we'll hear nothing about at least till their lease of Legends Park is up. I think in 2023? That should be right about when SKA moves to their new arena, and naturally they will be a little bit jealous.
The bold part, exactly what I think.

Just asking for your opinion. I know all Eastern arenas (Mg, Ufa, Kazan, Khabarovsk to name a few) are relatively new, built after 2000. But unfortunately, all are around 6-7,000 seats. Do you think that some of those teams would start considering a new bigger venue in next decade?

ult

Sep 21, 2009
Probably not. Built in 2003-2007, unless something happens to them like in Omsk, each of them should be expected to serve at least 25 years. I don't know how they can sell this idea to the regular folk or to the government. And 2030's is so far away, that there is no point in talking about it.

Reactions: vorky

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Probably not. Built in 2003-2007, unless something happens to them like in Omsk, each of them should be expected to serve at least 25 years. I don't know how they can sell this idea to the regular folk or to the government. And 2030's is so far away, that there is no point in talking about it.
Yeah, the same opinion here. When the time comes (2030´s), they may use the idea - we need a new venue for the IIHF event. By doing this, they will get federal funds (see Omsk). But yeah, a lot of time ahead of us.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
I've been away from my pc, and a tv for that matter, for about a week now, what rumours? There is something new?
This from Morozov

There are reports that in February, CSKA’s arena on Leningradsky Prospekt might be demolished. Do you have any more information about this?
The most reliable information would be from the directors at CSKA. I’m sure it’s up to them to say more about this. We are in touch with the club and we knew about these plans. At present the junior team, Krasnaya Armiya, plays in that arena, but there are other rinks in Moscow where it could play.

and this

ult

Sep 21, 2009
Here is a new video about the SKA Arena.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad