[NEW]2023-24 NCAA Division I Hockey Thread

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Big results for the newcomers in NCAA Hockey this weekend:

Lindenwood in only their second season ties Ohio State in game 2 of their series.

And of course congrats to Augustana on their first ever win, and sweep over BGSU.

Reactions: JMCx4

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
DI men's Week #3 news & previews, as October rolls toward Halloween :ghost3:...

• CHN: This Week in College Hockey: Oct. 19, 2023

• USCHO.com: This Week in Big Ten Hockey: With conference play starting this weekend, teams moving ahead with poise, confidence

• USCHO.com: This Week in Atlantic Hockey: Holy Cross finding ‘belief in ourselves,’ early-season momentum with 3-0 start

• USCHO.com: This Week in Hockey East: Competitive depth of conference on display in early going of 2023-24 season

• USCHO.com: This Week in ECAC Hockey: Back for fifth season with Clarkson, Romano giving Golden Knights ‘chance to be really successful’

• USCHO.com: This Week in NCHC Hockey: ‘Two big wins’ over Niagara have Omaha prepared to keep finding success moving forward

• USCHO.com: This Week in CCHA Hockey: Minnesota State begins season with sweep over St. Cloud State, adding to ‘a history and a culture of winning here’

ETA: CollegeHockeyInsider.com: (#335) Week 3 Preview: North Dakota and Minnesota renew rivalry

Last edited:

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
From Bowling Green PD: "The Bowling Green Police Division is not recommending any charges as it relates to Ohio hazing laws for any students, staff, or coaches as it relates to allegations made about the BGSU Hockey program and potential hazing."

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
College Hockey News kicks (or faces) off their 2023-24 list of Teams of the Week in men's Division I hockey play ...

• (October 18, 2023) ... Team of the Week: Minnesota State

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Last edited:
Reactions: AUS Fan

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
No, I mean the game lineups
If you are expecting line combinations & defensive pairings, I cannot recall seeing any web source with such details for NCAA hockey. :huh:

ETA: It does appear that the NCAA.com Box Scores designate the starting 6 for each team playing by listing those players first, with remaining players registering stats being indented.

Last edited:
Reactions: AUS Fan

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
If you are expecting line combinations & defensive pairings, I cannot recall seeing any web source with such details for NCAA hockey. :huh:
I should have said they would have a list of the guys playing for each team, but certainly not combos.

dm8895

V-Reds , McJesus Stan , Beer Leaguer
Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach

ETA: It does appear that the NCAA.com Box Scores designate the starting 6 for each team playing by listing those players first, with remaining players registering stats being indented.
A lot of teams will tweet(X?) the lineup before games with combos as well

hockeyprospects9

Feb 10, 2023
Sweden
Only "strange" as a fan when you first notice. After that, you just accept it. But see @dm8895's Reply above for hope.
Yeah, but a lot of teams don’t post their lineup on X… so how are you supposed to find out?

Why won’t they just show the lines somewhere, like in all other leagues?

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Well, pretty much every other league of similar caliber makes the lines available.

OHL, WHL, QMJHL
ECHL, AHL
J20 Nationell, J18 region and the finnish equivalent
Hockeyallsvenskan and Mestis
I don't follow CHL nor the Euro leagues you cited, but where are you getting your gameday line/pair combos for ECHL & AHL teams? Both of those NA minor pro leagues use LeagueStat to manage & report their general statistical data, and I've never seen a public release for either league in the last 12+ years that included line charts. Maybe I just don't get out much. :dunno:

I don't (and won't) have an X account, but this account purports to provide NCAA hockey gameday line charts ... maybe that's YOUR work? Whether or not, don't let a little thing like lineups dissuade you from following NCAA ice hockey - men AND women.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
A Halloween treat (a day early :jol:) from USCHO.com ... Women’s Division I College Hockey: Weekend Wrap October 30, 2023

Top Weekly Performances

Scoring​

Goaltending​

NameW-L-T (SHO)SVP/GAA
Michelle Pasiechnyk, CLK2-0-0 (1)0.971/0.50
Emma-Sofie Nordström, STL2-0-0 (0)0.970/1.06
Tindra Holm, LIU2-0-0 (0)0.968/1.00
Pia Dukaric, YAL2-0-0 (1)0.968/0.50
Hanna Zukow, STN2-0-0 (0)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad