Music: Never Mind the Hockey, Here's the Punk Thread!

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki

This 80s Finnish band had a gig first time in Los Angeles some months ago. Some oldskool 50 year old Californian punk fans started to drop tears when they met their youth idols from the 80s.

Last edited:

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki

- I remember when we were kids, we used to play outside
- I remember when we had fun with no worries
- Now pals/friends walk with ties on their necks
- I guess they growed up
- They even dont say hello to me

- I remember when as young lads, we hanged around together
- I remember when we drank beer till the morning
- Now we taste little bit beer at the restaurant
- Then back to home
- Was fun again, right?

- I guess I will never grow up
- And I dont want to
- I just want to have fun
- I guess I never want to grow up
- And I dont want to
- I just want to walk with "twinkle" on my eye

Last edited:

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki

- Police drives with a blue car
- Police has voice/whistle on the (car) roof
- Police beats with a rubbery nightstick
- Police threatens people with jail/drunk tank

- It's nice to drive with a blue car
- It's nice to beat up (people) with rubbery nightstick

- System guard, the police duty is
- Police beats hippies

(This band started as punk ^ and then became one of the biggest and famous bands in Finnish music history in "Finnish Rock" scene)

And check post #81 ^^ , I added some translated lyrics

Last edited:

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
I can't believe it's taken me this long as a hockey fan to discover this song

[Yt]KAIUf_SYpwE[/MEDIA]

I completely agree with the lyrics as well. I'm not even Canadian but the growing militarism on display at hockey games in Canada is a joke, you kind of expect it from the Americans but not there.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Here is the best punk rock ever, there hasn't been anyone close to Yegor Letov. Who was actually fighting system and not making money out of so-called protest.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
ran across this tonight.

Seems like something Ian could have released with Skewbald/Grand Union

You've never heard of Minor Threat before that? One of the greats. The DC hardcore punk scene was legit. Bad Brains, Fugazi, Youth Brigade, The Untoucables. Dischord Records in general.

I was actually coming in to post that I had been listening to them a lot lately.

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
You've never heard of Minor Threat before that? One of the greats. The DC hardcore punk scene was legit. Bad Brains, Fugazi, Youth Brigade, The Untoucables. Dischord Records in general.

I was actually coming in to post that I had been listening to them a lot lately.
No, no. I've heard of Minor Threat. Can't count the number of times I've listened to Out Of Step or even the Complete Discography. I don't have enough cred to say that I remember watching Ian yell "New York sucks!" on SNL when it was live, but I've been listening long enough that I bought both previously mentioned albums on cassette more than once.

That specific track (Understand) was released on a Dischord compilation - lol, apparently in the early 2000s - that I somehow missed and overlooked for years.

Reactions: Legionnaire

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
Smash and Ignition by The Offspring were basically all I listened to through high school.

The Sufferer and The Witness by Rise Against got me through some rough stages in my early 20s.

While not purely punk, Crisis by Alexisonfire is my favourite album of all time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad