Music: Never Mind the Hockey, Here's the Punk Thread!

Hippasus

Feb 17, 2008
Bridgeview
Going to see Retox (from California) on the 16th--should be good. They are opening for Dillinger Escape Plan. Last time they opened for the Melvins and I was impressed. High energy and a good frontman. The crowd seemed dumbfounded though.

Last edited:

Liberati0n*

Slight bump

Bad Religion have many great albums, but I'm absolutely in love with this one right now

I don't think the album as a whole is one of their best, but the first 3 or 4 tracks are, for me, maybe the best things they've ever done. "Sinister Rouge" into "Social Suicide" is just nuts.

---

This year has been very strong for punk releases, IMO. For me, Banner Pilot's album is definitely the album of the year so far, ahead of the Menzingers'.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
Here is some good, old Swedish d-beat:

Anti Cimex:

Mob 47:

D-beat bands are always the ultimate back patch bands :laugh:. I can't tell you how many kids I knew who had Discharge back patches.

I've actually been on a pretty crusty/powerviolence kick lately. His Hero is Gone/Tragedy and Infest mostly

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
Any digital (hardcore) lovers? Haven't heard anything new beyond Rabbit Junk so I'm looking.

I had no idea what digital hardcore is so I looked it up. Can't say it's my thing but to each their own.

As far as good new hardcore...Punch put out an awesome record this year. Hounds of Hate and Bane put out bangers as well

Hippasus

Feb 17, 2008
Bridgeview
D-beat bands are always the ultimate back patch bands :laugh:. I can't tell you how many kids I knew who had Discharge back patches.

I've actually been on a pretty crusty/powerviolence kick lately. His Hero is Gone/Tragedy and Infest mostly
I would kill for a Discharge back patch! I think hardcore, d-beat, and crust are the best punk sub-genres.

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008

not to be confused with Overkill, the thrash band that started in NJ in the mid 1980s

Overkill's name has been a source of confusion for metal fans since a New Jersey thrash metal band of the same name released their first EP in 1984. Some fans of the New Jersey Overkill were disappointed upon their purchase of Triumph of the Will, thinking they'd discovered some long-lost album by their thrash metal heroes only to discover an entirely different band. SST retitled CD copies of Triumph of the Will to read "Overkill L.A." when they re-released it in 1992 to end the confusion and because Overkill had copyrighted the name.

When they reunited, the band chose to use the name SST Overkill, to eliminate any sort of confusion between the New Jersey Overkill and the L.A. band.

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
Had no idea 7 Seconds released a new album in May. So far it's been hit and miss, about a B-

Xerosine

Oct 12, 2013
Michigan
So I went to my first ska/punk show friday and it was awesome :yo:. I'll never miss a show of the Suicide Machines and Hellmouth or any band with that lead singer of theirs Jason Navarro. Here's the suicides.

Hellmouth then took it to a whole different level by moving the show to a way smaller section of the venue. The place was jam packed. If you lifted your arms to lift someone crowd surfing you'd have trouble bringing them back down with the room you had :laugh:. I don't know how to place videos from facebook so check out their page.
https://www.facebook.com/cultovhellmouth

Xelebes

Jun 10, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
Hellmouth then took it to a whole different level by moving the show to a way smaller section of the venue. The place was jam packed. If you lifted your arms to lift someone crowd surfing you'd have trouble bringing them back down with the room you had :laugh:.

I've been to a couple raves like that. Frankly raves are a bit scarier when they are like that than moshpits.

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
ran across this tonight.

Seems like something Ian could have released with Skewbald/Grand Union

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad