NBA Nets suspend Kyrie Irving for at least 5 games

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Kyrie Irving is just a f***ing moron. Basically the alt-right version of... well whatever his incoherent beliefs are. Read or watch a couple articles or videos put out by radical morons with an agenda and he's somehow smart. 5 games is a f***ing joke as well. If Luka Doncic or Kevin Love spews moronic garbage like this I suspect their suspensions would be much longer. Like much longer.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Kyrie Irving is just a f***ing moron. Basically the alt-right version of... well whatever his incoherent beliefs are. Read or watch a couple articles or videos put out by radical morons with an agenda and he's somehow smart. 5 games is a f***ing joke as well. If Luka Doncic or Kevin Love spews moronic garbage like this I suspect their suspensions would be much longer. Like much longer.
The moment he mentioned Alex Jones is the moment he officially became a dumbf***.

This sums up Irving perfectly.

Reactions: KapG

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Kyrie really is just a piece of shit. A smug, selfish, rich, jackass who is ignorant and doesn't care that he is, or about the feelings of others. It doesn't require a forensic audit. We don't need to break it down and try and figure out where, or when, it happened. Some people are just pieces of shit. He's one of them.
Again, he’s a dumb f***.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I still don't like how Kyrie " If you'll have me back I plan on re-signing here " Irving left Boston but did the Celtics ever dodge a huge bullet when this goof left for Brooklyn. :handclap:

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
He'll be back, but then suspended again. This isn't the end. He's clearly a delusional megalomaniac. It won't ever stop with him. Won't be shocked if he walks back his apology by the time the weekend is out. He wants to be a martyr in his own eyes (though he's probably too dumb to know what that means). I bet he's out of the league within 18 months.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
The interview in question that finally got the Nets to respond;

Appalling lack of self-awareness. First claims he can't be anti-semetic because he's a child of Israel and then basically blames the Jewish community for the holocaust by saying "it could have been avoided"

A refusal to apologize as well.

How so? His dad is African American as was his mom.

I am DONE with the Nets. I declare myself NBA free agent fan.

That means you were never a real fan to begin with.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
"To all Jewish families and Communities that are hurt and affected from my post..."

Based on my limited understanding of the story, my biggest issue with this situation is that anyone would be "hurt and affected" by what some random basketball player tweets

One of the first things we're taught as kids is "Sticks & stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me"

Anyone that is hurt and affected by this has made a choice to be hurt and affected by it, and they can simply choose to no longer be hurt and affected by it

My dad's black. Do you know how many f***s I'd give if Anze Kopitar tweeted tomorrow that slavery never happened? Zero. Zero f***s. It would not impact me or my life in the slightest

Last edited:

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
"To all Jewish families and Communities that are hurt and affected from my post..."

Based on my limited understanding of the story, my biggest issue with this situation is that anyone would be "hurt and affected" by what some random basketball player tweets

One of the first things we're taught as kids is "Sticks & stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me"

Anyone that is hurt and affected by this has made a choice to be hurt and affected by it, meaning they can simply choose to no longer be hurt and affected by it

My dad's black. Do you know how many f***s I'd give if Anze Kopitar tweeted tomorrow that slavery never happened? Zero. Zero f***s. It would not impact me or my life in the slightest
I think you should go into the heart of Times Square and loudly proclaim to everyone you meet that the Holocaust didn’t happen. Nobody will care. Trust me.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Oh Nike decided to stop partnering with Kyrie Irving?

Oh sweet. Hey Nike how are those Uighyur Muslim sweatshop workers coming along? Labour standards up to par? So long as they keep churning out your shoes, right?

F***ing hypocrites.
So because they don't do everything right they should do nothing right? Sounds like "whataboutism" to me. And singling out Nike here probably doesn't make much sense.

'Virtually entire' fashion industry complicit in Uighur forced labour, say rights groups

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
So because they don't do everything right they should do nothing right? Sounds like "whataboutism" to me. And singling out Nike here probably doesn't make much sense.

'Virtually entire' fashion industry complicit in Uighur forced labour, say rights groups
The tweet in question is about Nike. They want to claim this doesn't fit with what they believe or whatever BS they want to spew, it's all BS. Them cutting ties with Kyrie Irving is extremely hypocritical.

Reactions: MacWinnon

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Oh Nike decided to stop partnering with Kyrie Irving?

Oh sweet. Hey Nike how are those Uighyur Muslim sweatshop workers coming along? Labour standards up to par? So long as they keep churning out your shoes, right?

F***ing hypocrites.
I'm no capitalist apologist but if you own a smartphone you are "guilty" of promoting exploitative labor practices. If you own any clothing from a fast fashion brand, same thing. And so on.

Nike is definitely problematic along with many companies but they did the right thing here.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
The tweet in question is about Nike. They want to claim this doesn't fit with what they believe or whatever BS they want to spew, it's all BS. Them cutting ties with Kyrie Irving is extremely hypocritical.
So then you don’t buy any Nike gear? And none of your favorite teams wear Nike gear, or if they did you stopped watching them? The reality is, we’re pretty much all complicent in these things. If people cared they would organize boycotts. But we care more about smart phones and inexpensive clothing.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Probably when Kyrie said he is a believer of Alex Jones. That was the other nail in the coffin. The moment he said that it stopped being a race thing and morphed into him being an extremely stereotypical dumb jock.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
So then you don’t buy any Nike gear? And none of your favorite teams wear Nike gear, or if they did you stopped watching them? The reality is, we’re pretty much all complicent in these things. If people cared they would organize boycotts. But we care more about smart phones and inexpensive clothing.
No, I don't buy or wear anything Nike as a personal choice. And I do boycott any products that I possibly can created by companies complicit in these atrocities worldwide. Is it 100% possible? No, but people can at least try. Nike is the incredibly easy one to boycott and call out, too. Bunch of hypocrites running that company making a decision like this.
Probably when Kyrie said he is a believer of Alex Jones. That was the other nail in the coffin. The moment he said that it stopped being a race thing and morphed into him being an extremely stereotypical dumb jock.
I don't disagree that Kyrie at this moment is off his rocker and is making some real questionable, controversial decisions. However, I just find it laughable that Nike of all companies wants to "do the right thing" here when it comes to anti-semitism but will happily turn the other cheek when it comes to forced labour sweatshops.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad