NESN NESN and the Red Sox hit rock bottom

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I can’t believe Russ Ken thought his tweet was a good idea, im gonna go tweet my newfound contempt at him
I’m sure that guy was directed from above to do it, since they are obsessed with winning imaginary public relations games. Such incredible asshats.Every time you think they can’t go lower they say hold my beer and prove us wrong.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Orsillo is a blow-hard, boo hoo you had your feelings hurt.

Saying that I always hated those brick selling chumps

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Losing???

I lost all respect with what they did to Terry Francona. They are thin skinned and the lowest of low.

I lost all respect for them within months of them joining.

Never had any issue with any management team trading any player at any time or making any move, but they decided immediately in their first season that they had to win the PR war with any move, and chose to go through their media lap dogs to destroy people. It started with Nomar, but happened with Tito and many others

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
I didn't say you didn't say that. I was referring to your "Orsillo is a blow-hard, boo hoo you had your feelings hurt." which is disingenuous at best.
It's show business, get over yourself (Orsillo) In fact, I thought they helped him land the gig he has now?

Is anyone talking about the great tribute they DID put on?

I will stand by what I said, he's a blowhard. He should have just sent out his heartfelt message rather than looking for attention.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
We all know NESN is a joke. Most recently from the fact that Red Sox ownership used the excuse of a pandemic long after it was a valid excuse to cut costs by broadcasting remotely. Most self aware people would be embarrassed at churning out such a low quality broadcast, but not those jerks.

Reactions: BMC and LSCII

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
It's show business, get over yourself (Orsillo) In fact, I thought they helped him land the gig he has now?

Is anyone talking about the great tribute they DID put on?

I will stand by what I said, he's a blowhard.

The issue is he was asked to do something for his good friend who tragically passed and then had it rescinded at the last second with no or little explanation.

If you can’t understand why that would be extremely upsetting if you were in those shoes, I don’t know what to tell you. The fact that a man connected with NESN decided to push back on a guy clearly expressing hurt feelings over the situation is especially gross.

I understand that I come in to the situation with a bit of an “anti-NESN bias”. But NESN has done all they can to earn their reputation.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
The bigger question for me is who was watching this game anyway. Figured this was a basketball town last night

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
The issue is he was asked to do something for his good friend who tragically passed and then had it rescinded at the last second with no or little explanation.

If you can’t understand why that would be extremely upsetting if you were in those shoes, I don’t know what to tell you. The fact that a man connected with NESN decided to push back on a guy clearly expressing hurt feelings over the situation is especially gross.

I understand that I come in to the situation with a bit of an “anti-NESN bias”. But NESN has done all they can to earn their reputation.
I'm not in his shoes and neither, are you. So you can tell me that. You can also tell me I'm entitled to have my own point of view. That's how this works in the real world.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I'm not in his shoes and neither, are you. So you can tell me that. You can also tell me I'm entitled to have my own point of view. That's how this works in the real world.

I’m stressing the concept of empathy. Obviously I’m not Don Orsillo, but having lost friends before (as I’m guessing the majority of us have), I can understand why the Red Sox rescinding at the last second Orsillo’s chance to say something publicly would be hurtful.

I don’t see my view as anything ground breaking or offensive to anyone. As a matter of fact, it’s you who seems to be enjoying chastising Orsillo for being some type of whiny baby.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
I’m stressing the concept of empathy. Obviously I’m not Don Orsillo, but having lost friends before (as I’m guessing the majority of us have), I can understand why the Red Sox rescinding at the last second Orsillo’s chance to say something publicly would be hurtful.

I don’t see my view as anything ground breaking or offensive to anyone. As a matter of fact, it’s you who seems to be enjoying chastising Orsillo for being some type of whiny baby.
Empathy has zero to do with anything in this regard. They had their reasons, they reached out to him and told him thanks but no thanks.

Orsillo felt the need to whin about the Sox canceling his time. Just tweet out your message without adding in the back story, then I would have respected his message more.

End of story for me, have a good day.

• Haha
Reactions: LSCII

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad