NESN NESN and the Red Sox hit rock bottom

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
i don't use twitter and i have no idea who Russ Kenn is (although people with 2 first names can never be trusted), but it's all i can do to keep from signing up just to reply to his post "yeah, and this isn't a "HEY LOOK AT ME" post at all, from you Russ..."
Longtime NESN producer (I think he was introduced on the field this evening) and husband of the VP of NESN.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Longtime NESN producer (I think he was introduced on the field this evening) and husband of the VP of NESN.
Russ worked for TV38 and his wife is a VP of the Sox not NESN

1650517618123.png

This is 2022 when video can be sent instantly by e-mail.

Orsillo obviously pissed off somebody at the top in 2015 ( my guess is Werner ) but Henry liked O'Brien from their Marlins days.

My Gawd just run the video and everybody smiles but nobody in power could understand that.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

There is no excuse for them not including Don's video. No excuse. They chose not to use it. Don has EVERY right to speak up on twitter.

NESN and the FO has been petty with Don since they fired him for no damn reason.

Tonight was about Jerry. And them not including Don's video is so disrespectful not to Jerry, but to their partnership.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I’m just saying being that NESN loves to overproduce everything that if they didn’t get it in during the actual tribute I’d understand it.

To not find the space in a game that was over pretty early shows they had zero intention of ever using it.

And Dave O Brien shhhhhhhucks. There, I said it.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Nothing ever surprises me with these guys.

They should have played the video. I doubt the extra minute would have somehow destroyed the flow of the evening.

They should either let the issue pass, or issue an apologetic statement saying something silly like the program schedule was set, and they were unable to alter it, and just let it pass.

We will see if they smartly take the bad press and let it pass.

Reactions: rfournier103

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The tribute aired on NESN.

There is no reason that the script has to stay on time and believe me the Sox script every pregame to the second.

If it is a national telecast then the script matters but on NESN alone? NO

The best example of this was decades ago when the Buffalo Sabres were ordered by CBS not to play O Canada before a game to cut 2 minutes from the window. The Sabres have always played O Canada at every game in 50 years because many of their fans come from Niagara Ontario. They have never repeated that error after the backlash.

Last edited:

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
FULL DISCLOSURE

The last time I was paid directly by NESN was in 2002. I am technically a 'daily hire subcontractor'. NESN home games for both the Bruins and Red Sox are crewed by freelancers that deal with a company in Illinois that works with the truck company. Celtics games use a crewing company based in Natick.

The only NESN staffers in the truck are the producer, director, and font coordinator.

Here is the latest union contract we have

At first glance, you will look at the numbers and say that we are well compensated. However, the rates listed are for people working at the venue. Evolution in technology has allowed NESN to perform many of these jobs back in Watertown at a non-union scale.

It's a business and I get that.

45 years ago it took an army to produce a local newscast - today excluding talent most stations only need 5 or fewer people off-camera to produce a show

WSBK-TV was my dream job but it was destroyed by George Gillett so he could buy a hockey team in Poutineville.

Orsillo should have been at Fenway last night and worked it out with Sinclair to miss the Padres game OR do it remotely from Boston.

Maybe I have become Grandpa Simpson but Red Sox and Bruins TV was a lot better in decades past than today.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Spread the word about these shit bags. They’ve ruined my Red Sox fandom. Hate Werner. Sell the f***en team already.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad