Management Neely & Sweeney: We have higher expectations than just making playoffs

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Haha im sure your boss loves hearing that. :p

Yeah, not so much. :laugh:

But it's true. You can ask for whatever you want. If it's not realistic, it's simply not a remote possibility no matter how much you want it. That's the territory Sweeneely find themselves in today. You can say you expect more, but at the end of the day, this team simply doesn't have the talent to honestly compete for a cup. It's not even close.

norwoodmustang

Jul 29, 2005
Norwood, MA USA
Neely: Bruins will not ‘overreact’ after 9-2 loss
http://www.csnne.com/boston-bruins/neely-bruins-will-not-overreact-after-9-2-loss

So:

Cam doesn't see them as buyers or sellers but they could be a little of both depending on what kind of deals come their way. Not thinking long term or short term exclusively but have to keep both in mind. Other than Washington and Florida, the teams are very bunched up and he thinks some of them aren't sure whether they will buy or sell yet either.

They have no desire to trade Chara, but they are fielding offers for other players and Sweeney has also made some calls about players on other teams.

When asked why the younger players haven't progressed as much, he said some of it was due to "having to win games". He said in some cases they may need to sit and watch or they may need to use practice to improve their game and then translate it into whatever ice time they can get.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I just fear that the Bruins will become a bubble team for the next few years much like Philadelphia.

The current home/road situation defies logic. I wouldn't be shocked if they won 4 or more games on this trip and then come home on the 22nd and lose 4-1.

Crazy thing is - IF - they make the playoffs they could make some noise and my gut tells me Washington will be knocked out of the playoffs (Pittsburgh?) and then who knows.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I just fear that the Bruins will become a bubble team for the next few years much like Philadelphia.

The current home/road situation defies logic. I wouldn't be shocked if they won 4 or more games on this trip and then come home on the 22nd and lose 4-1.

Crazy thing is - IF - they make the playoffs they could make some noise and my gut tells me Washington will be knocked out of the playoffs (Pittsburgh?) and then who knows.

Agreed if they dont have home ice.

:D

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
So:

Cam doesn't see them as buyers or sellers but they could be a little of both depending on what kind of deals come their way. Not thinking long term or short term exclusively but have to keep both in mind. Other than Washington and Florida, the teams are very bunched up and he thinks some of them aren't sure whether they will buy or sell yet either.

They have no desire to trade Chara, but they are fielding offers for other players and Sweeney has also made some calls about players on other teams.

When asked why the younger players haven't progressed as much, he said some of it was due to "having to win games". He said in some cases they may need to sit and watch or they may need to use practice to improve their game and then translate it into whatever ice time they can get.

Translation:

Loui is gone, he will be replaced with another vet, or a younger Top 6 with term. They will try to improve the D, but won't overpay at the TDL. I don't expect anything big as far as D goes until on/near the draft. I hope to be pleasantly surprised, but doubt it.

Good news, the Wild continue to lose, so maybe they panic and make a play for Loui.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Translation:

Loui is gone, he will be replaced with another vet, or a younger Top 6 with term. They will try to improve the D, but won't overpay at the TDL. I don't expect anything big as far as D goes until on/near the draft. I hope to be pleasantly surprised, but doubt it.

Good news, the Wild continue to lose, so maybe they panic and make a play for Loui.

I hope he gets a hat trick against them tomorrow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad