Post-Game Talk (GBU): Needed that win

Thorton02

Feb 6, 2009
I really enjoyed his call on the Skinner goal. Wasn’t anything special. Succinct and strong
You know, I wouldn't mind Duff taking over for RJ when he retires. His style is very professional, not flashy but still retains passion for the game. Dunleavy, while I don't dislike him seems forced and kind cookie cutter if that makes any sense. I still don't have any connection with him whereas Id actually like to hear Duff call another game.

Reactions: Kyndig

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
You know, I wouldn't mind Duff taking over for RJ when he retires. His style is very professional, not flashy but still retains passion for the game. Dunleavy, while I don't dislike him seems forced and kind cookie cutter if that makes any sense. I still don't have any connection with him whereas Id actually like to hear Duff call another game.
This is exactly how I feel. Dan seems like a nice guy but there’s no fire in his play by play, no excitement. Duffer is a lot closer to RJ but obviously there will never be another like him.

Member 308457

Yes it was Pick's, a form of dementia. It's been documented, and believe me, it was painful seeing his deterioration, as I had a friend who lived by him in Lockport.

Ted was the best PBP man on Radio ever. Felt like you were watching the game instead of listening, he painted the action so well.

We have been truly fortunate to have had two legends like Ted and especially RJ for so many years.

Regardless of where RJ's path goes here on in, let us hope he's healthy, happy, and cheering on a winning team..

I remember listening to Ted and whenever the puck was shot over the glass and into the crowd at the Aud, he would "identify" whoever would catch the puck as a "lucky young lady from Salamanca" or a "gentleman from Cheektowaga." So encyclopedic was Darling's knowledge.

Last edited by a moderator:

sincerity0

Dec 23, 2016
Good:

-RJ is going to Be okay!

-Skinner

-Eichel

-Reinhart on a VERY QUIET point streak. Sam drives me up the wall a bit sometimes when he refuses to drive the play up the ice himself (especially entering the o zone, he does a Lot of drop passes once he gets on the zone) but he’s such a perfect match for Eichel Skinner. All he needs to do is to make consistently smart plays and Sam does it.

- Thought the defense as a whole played well.

- Ullmark is so steady back there

- Thompson hit two posts, at least one. Drove play in the offensive zone very well. I try to be fairly level headed when projecting players but some games Tage shows me that he could be a 30-35 goal scorer in the league.

Bad/Ugly:

- I got to the end of the good and realized there’s not much to Be upset about in this game alone. Middle six offense is still absent.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Just wanted to thoughts are with RJ but I did want to commend Duffer. He did fantastic and his call of the Skinner goal was absolutely spot on.

Get better soon RJ.

Agreed. Duff would be a great next person to take over. Liked him better than Dan.

Loved the game and this team. So young, so much potential to keep getting better. We are lucky to have Botterill and not Murray.

Okposo on pace for 33 points, Sheary on pace for 34 points in less games.

Sheary makes 3 million for another year past this one.
Okposo makes 6 million for the next 4 seasons past this one.

Sheary gives us more with speed/production than Okposo and costs half as much.

We need to improve our middle six so bad right now. Defense is getting better and adding Pilut was huge.

Larsson and Girgs have been great together, huge unsung heroes.

Goaltending has done well.

Eichel for 10 million and people still complain, wait until Matthews and Marner sign this summer.

I'd like to see CJ Smith get a recall, he had another goal and assist last night.

What I love also:

Young core right now

Some depth in Rochester with guys ready for call ups and to fill spots on ELCs

3 First round picks

AND

With Moulson/Poms/Berglund, we have nearly 15 million coming off the books on those 3 alone to re-sign Skinner and add to this core

May 2, 2005
Niagara Falls
I love our defence core. It is insane how much the additions of Dahlin and Bogo has lead to an actual system. Now with Pilut rounding out the bottom this is absolutely one of the top cores in the league.

wnysupport

Jun 27, 2011
-Reinhart on a VERY QUIET point streak. Sam drives me up the wall a bit sometimes when he refuses to drive the play up the ice himself (especially entering the o zone, he does a Lot of drop passes once he gets on the zone) but he’s such a perfect match for Eichel Skinner. All he needs to do is to make consistently smart plays and Sam does it.

Not anymore it stopped on Friday but good point none the less lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad