Neal Pionk with a pretty nasty goal...GOTY Candidate?

trunkslamchest

NASH W I D E
Nov 21, 2016
wide
So this is what we want. A guy skating untouched end to end like its a pickup game? Like is that it? Take hitting away? Nobody even tried to bump him to slow him down lol. Soft fans are super duper impressed and normal hockey fans think what soft defense. You guys suck.

you do have alot more room when its 4v4.

the entire game was chippy as f*** and full of penalties. mcloed got 16 minutes worth of penalties for trying to fight max domi.

its also late in the 3rd and the habs are playing their 4th game in 6 days.

i mean...your post just sucks.

Grimm

Jul 21, 2017
you do have alot more room when its 4v4.

the entire game was chippy as **** and full of penalties. mcloed got 16 minutes worth of penalties for trying to fight max domi.

its also late in the 3rd and the habs are playing their 4th game in 6 days.

i mean...your post just sucks.
You and your love for soft hockey sucks. I'm all for a sick dangle but things like this are a direct result of the league scaring the players to touch anyone, and theres no arguing that at this point. The NHL sucks for its obsession with soft hockey. For 16 minutes you'd think McLeod suckered him into the quiet room.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
You and your love for soft hockey sucks. I'm all for a sick dangle but things like this are a direct result of the league scaring the players to touch anyone, and theres no arguing that at this point. The NHL sucks for its obsession with soft hockey. For 16 minutes you'd think McLeod suckered him into the quiet room.

You're right. You should probably stop watching. And I guess if you arent watching there is no need to post anymore either.

trunkslamchest

NASH W I D E
Nov 21, 2016
wide

ok so if you hate the way hockey is played now, what era of hockey would you like to see the NHL to go back to?

Reactions: SirGoose

Grimm

Jul 21, 2017
ok so if you hate the way hockey is played now, what era of hockey would you like to see the NHL to go back to?
I'd prefer even the late 2000s, 2010 even. I'm not Mr. Bring back the 70s. The Wings/Pens rivalry, Philly/Pens, Blackhawks/Blues. Those were games you cleared your schedule for. Theres almost zero rivalry left and these matchups aren't worth watching 99% of the time. Instead we have a bunch of overpaid soft players afraid to touch anyone letting guys go up the ice like it's skate and shoot with your pals. Hard to argue with that man...

Grimm

Jul 21, 2017
You're right. You should probably stop watching. And I guess if you arent watching there is no need to post anymore either.
Go Leafs. They've had a lot of playoff success recently. Funny how you all come out of the wood work all butt hurt when someone doesn't feel the same way as you when you put together a good team and gain some confidence.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Go Leafs. They've had a lot of playoff success recently. Funny how you all come out of the wood work all butt hurt when someone doesn't feel the same way as you when you put together a good team and gain some confidence.

I have always been around, so there goes that idea. Maybe you can try baiting some more, it worked so well this time...

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
Unnecessary spin move to start was legit, but after that it looked like pretty bad play by every Hab on the ice. good goal, but not GOTY worthy.

trunkslamchest

NASH W I D E
Nov 21, 2016
wide
I'd prefer even the late 2000s, 2010 even. I'm not Mr. Bring back the 70s. The Wings/Pens rivalry, Philly/Pens, Blackhawks/Blues. Those were games you cleared your schedule for. Theres almost zero rivalry left and these matchups aren't worth watching 99% of the time. Instead we have a bunch of overpaid soft players afraid to touch anyone letting guys go up the ice like it's skate and shoot with your pals. Hard to argue with that man...

hockey now is not much different than it was in the early 2010's. you still need a balance of speed/skill and size/strength to win cups. the only major difference is the game is faster (and will keep getting faster). that is why guys like John Scott who cant skate fast are useless now. no amount of penalties are/were going to keep John Scott from beating the shit out of people. but you cant hit what you cant catch.

im not doubting the slap on the hands penalties are stupid and the consistency with the officiating is f***ing terrible this year, but the way the game is played now is just as much of an evolution of the game as it is refs not being able to keep the whistle out of their mouth.

a good example of this is Dylan McIlrath. dude could wreck people and rip shots, but he couldn't skate for shit. 10-15 years ago he would be a main stay on most rosters, but now he will probably spend the rest of his career in the AHL because the game is faster than what his feet are able to keep up with.

the rivalries you point out...the wings suck now and philly used to be alot better...same goes for hawks and blues. ill even admit rangers/islanders rivalry is more of just a staring match from long distances with binoculars, but 1 of or both teams have sucked one season or another over the last 10 years.

point is, its hard to keep an intense rivalry when 1 of the teams in the rivalry sucks, not because the game has gone soft.

do i miss people getting kronwalled? yes. is the overall entertainment on the ice better than it was when Matt Cooke was ending Marc Savard's career? probably.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Seriously though, it got a few ingridiences. *It’s really end-to-end.

*Throw in a great 360’ — against a forechecker — at the very start.

*Very high intensity game and situation. No sleepwalking.

*You almost never see players cutting to the net like that anymore because it’s so extremely easy to get called for goaltender interference.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Fingers crossed.

I don't wanna give up on Pionk because he can do things like this.
Just stop. His D zone play isn't anywhere near as bad as you make it out to be.
I remember you bashing McDonagh for analytics. Just let it go man.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
So this is what we want. A guy skating untouched end to end like its a pickup game? Like is that it? Take hitting away? Nobody even tried to bump him to slow him down lol. Soft fans are super duper impressed and normal hockey fans think what soft defense. You guys suck.

That's what you took away from that play?
Maybe a little sunshine and a kiss from Mom would help.

Elias GOATtersson

Jan 8, 2011
O/U on the guy posting “soft NHL players” being 50 years old?

e: fan of the red wings.. Wishes hockey would go back to 2000s, even 2010 lmao. That’s when the wings were good!

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad