Trade: [NE/CLE] Jamie Collins traded to Cleveland for a 3rd rounder

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
Most of them think about dollar signs. They aren't going to be extra motivated by this move at all.

Yes of course. But having a quality player like Collins in the locker room can't hurt to help keep some of these young guys focused in what has been and will continue to be a very trying season for the Browns.

This is a low-risk move and the Browns got a very good player, even if it may be for as few as 8 games.

That said, the Browns should probably be selling. For Joe Thomas' sake I hope they move him.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
this reminds me a lot of the seymour trade. except that seymour was the better player and they got a 1st round pick in return

don't see how pats fans cant trust belichick even if these kinds of moves don't make sense at first

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Yeah I'm not a fan of it

Belichick has earned himself plenty of slack though and when he's done this in the past it's always worked out.

But I LOVE Jamie Collins, he can literally do everything. He had a rough 1st half of the AFCCG but outside of that he was great.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Saw a rumor that he turned down $11 mil a year but wanted Von Miller money.

I heard it was a money thing too.

Randy Moss was talking about money in public, in-season as well, and he got dumped too

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Interesting move considering the Pats would have gotten similar compensation when he walked following the season.

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
Interesting move considering the Pats would have gotten similar compensation when he walked following the season.

They're making a statement; fall out of favor, get banished to Cleveland.

Like getting sent to a Soviet gulag in Siberia.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I heard it was a money thing too.

Randy Moss was talking about money in public, in-season as well, and he got dumped too

Moss had that press conference where he went on about being underappreciated and he was gone soon after that. Belichick doesn't play those games.

Lombardi is acting a fool.

Definitely. He's out here defending the move made by his good friend while trashing the player headed to the team that fired him. I actually think for the most part he does a pretty good job of analyzing teams/players but that's not what he's doing here. It's obvious.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
If I was Collins I wouldn't be THAT mad, sure he goes from first to worst but he's got a ring already and is going to get paid a truck load regardless.

RedRenegade

Sep 16, 2008
Collins can be franchised, which he knows, so it's sign that and hope they franchise someone else in 2018 or sign long term and cash in with guaranteed money.

In theory you can franchise tag the same player year after year? Interesting, I didn't realize that. For some reason I just figured it would have a 1 year max on it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad