Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
giphy.gif

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I get that he's not having the best season but I still thinking they're better off with him.

sjsharks92

Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
Is there any reason the Pats would do this besides his contract expiring? Has Collins had any issues on/off the field recently? Declining play?

This doesn't seem smart for the Pats but who the heck am I to question anything that organization/BB does.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Wouldn't the Pats have gotten a 2018 3rd round compensatory pick had they just kept him and let him walk? Now they move that up a year, big whoop.

Seems like a very bizarre trade for the SB fave to make.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
He was struggling this year but Lombardi and others are doing usual spin in pro BB way

Reality is Collins wanted to be paid longterm and BB didn't want to pay him. What always happens in these situations in which guy asks for significant raise is that BB lowballs them and trades them

Sometimes it has worked out and other times it hasn't. In this case the rush by some of BB fanboys in media to defend him and put all the struggles of Pats D on Collins says enough

Collins was not playing well but several players on Pats D aren't playing well currently and dumping Collins and laying blame on him is much better PR spin for Pats then admitting they are dumping him because of the stalled contract talks

I like this deal a lot for Browns if they extend him

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
it's really not that shocking. he hasn't been that great and has been demanding ridiculous money

but my god, just imagine going from the pats to the browns. wow

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
He was struggling this year but Lombardi and others are doing usual spin in pro BB way

Reality is Collins wanted to be paid longterm and BB didn't want to pay him. What always happens in these situations in which guy asks for significant raise is that BB lowballs them and trades them

Sometimes it has worked out and other times it hasn't. In this case the rush by some of BB fanboys in media to defend him and put all the struggles of Pats D on Collins says enough

Collins was not playing well but several players on Pats D aren't playing well currently and dumping Collins and laying blame on him is much better PR spin for Pats then admitting they are dumping him because of the stalled contract talks

I like this deal a lot for Browns if they extend him

Collins only played 45 snaps yesterday. Snap count's been down all year. He hasn't stuck out to me in any of the games this year, but do you know who has? Elandon Roberts. It's a classic BB move to trade a high valued, more veteran player before they get paid (and Collins will be paid massively, rumors are he asked for a Von Miller deal), especially when he has a young guy he feels he can plug in on a rookie deal for 3-5 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad