Series Discussion: NDSF: Winnipeg Jets (3) vs Edmonton Oilers (2)

Who wins?

• Total voters

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Laine is such a disappointment for so many reasons. That trade seems like a beauty of a deal for you all, but I haven't been able to watch as many of your games as I would have liked. Has PLD looked like the stud he did when he was on his game in CBJ?

I can't help feeling bad for Laine, I hope things work out for him.
I have to admit i was expecting more from Dubois but he's exactly what this team needs if he gets going in the playoffs. I liked Laine and i also liked Trouba but when a player doesn't want to be a Jet , shoo , shoo buggar off. I'm funny that way . :laugh:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I'm watching less and less other teams myself but with Manitoba being in full lock down, going to watch more then usual when I'm not out riding my bike.

Would love to see both Montreal and Florida knock out Toronto and Tampa respectively.
I'm a Tampa guy so I don't hate them. They're in tough with their injuries.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I have to admit i was expecting more from Dubois but he's exactly what this team needs if he gets going in the playoffs. I liked Laine and i also liked Trouba but when a player doesn't want to be a Jet , shoo , shoo buggar off. I'm funny that way . :laugh:
It's seeming more and more that the injury he suffered early with us has been lingering. That might explain a lot and he may have even been hurt in Columbus

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
Hopefully he brings last year's playoff mode on a regular basis for you all. I do love that line he's on; Stastny is so underrated as a responsible and skilled center and Ehlers is just magic, man (Not to be confused with THE Magic Man).
I've had a hard time letting go of some former players (Fedorov, Shanahan) but for the most part I agree with you. Don't want to be here, buggar off.
I have to say...
moZLmBRBqARO-rk-_OqBHCdbMdhe_DL8p8xW9_Jcaq2aJiJwal2h_K55YjVq0vKibxvrPE8XVmZ265qW_phSENjRPxp6oaEdFTOZmcxL__pCABxFrK6o68CWLwyx2YFUE6u2R8q5970ZMx_Sybei4JtSU3VbRCwh-ys

Reactions: Jets 31

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Hopefully he brings last year's playoff mode on a regular basis for you all. I do love that line he's on; Stastny is so underrated as a responsible and skilled center and Ehlers is just magic, man (Not to be confused with THE Magic Man).
I've had a hard time letting go of some former players (Fedorov, Shanahan) but for the most part I agree with you. Don't want to be here, buggar off.
I have to say...
moZLmBRBqARO-rk-_OqBHCdbMdhe_DL8p8xW9_Jcaq2aJiJwal2h_K55YjVq0vKibxvrPE8XVmZ265qW_phSENjRPxp6oaEdFTOZmcxL__pCABxFrK6o68CWLwyx2YFUE6u2R8q5970ZMx_Sybei4JtSU3VbRCwh-ys
:naughty:

Reactions: GNP

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
Laine is such a disappointment for so many reasons. That trade seems like a beauty of a deal for you all, but I haven't been able to watch as many of your games as I would have liked. Has PLD looked like the stud he did when he was on his game in CBJ?

I can't help feeling bad for Laine, I hope things work out for him.
He definitely has not, but for different reasons than Laine.
To me, PLD looks like he has all the fundamental skills, but has for some reason lost his confidence. I expect this will come back next year, if not during the playoffs, and that he will sign long-term here.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
What concerns me most about this series is that we seem to have a two pronged game plan against the Oilers.

1. Don't worry about McDavid or Draisaitl. They're going to score, so just let them do their stuff.

2. Shut down everyone else. If the Oilers can beat you with just McDavid and Draisaitl, so be it, but stop everyone else.

The problem its that the Jets concentrate so much on accomplishing the 1st part, they ignore or don't have the energy left to implement the 2nd part.

Reactions: snowkiddin

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
not sure about the rest of you.

i am really hoping for a habs vs jets north final.

the wailing and gnashing of teeth on sportsnet would be epic.
If that was to happen, Sportnet would just give the playoff coverage to TNT. F-ck those guys.

WPGChief

May 25, 2017
Winnipeg
jetsnation.ca
I'll have my own write-up on the EDMvsWPG series... soon-ish, but I think while people have the right idea about not being too concerned with Connor "Cheat Code" McDavid and Draisaitl, and instead focusing on Jets depth outmatching the Oilers depth... can the Jets depth even generate enough offence, let alone any offence, to outpace whatever McDavid will do?

Spoiler: ehhhhhhhhhhhhh, in our hearts maybe, in our heads, no.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
I'll have my own write-up on the EDMvsWPG series... soon-ish, but I think while people have the right idea about not being too concerned with Connor "Cheat Code" McDavid and Draisaitl, and instead focusing on Jets depth outmatching the Oilers depth... can the Jets depth even generate enough offence, let alone any offence, to outpace whatever McDavid will do?

Spoiler: ehhhhhhhhhhhhh, in our hearts maybe, in our heads, no.

Sounds optimistic :(
Sometimes it's in your heart, not your head :D

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I like our chances if Lowry sees a lot of time against McD and we stay out of the box.
Maurice needs to use Scheif PLD Stastny Lowry down the middle but I know he won't.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
This would be my starting forwards in game 1...
KC Scheif Copper
Hark PLD Ehlers
KV Stastny Wheeler
MP Lowry Apples

Reactions: AlphaLackey

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
This would be my starting forwards in game 1...
KC Scheif Copper
Hark PLD Ehlers
KV Stastny Wheeler
MP Lowry Apples

I love these for the road games, because every line has at least ONE sane two-way presence.

At home, I want us to load up MP - Lurch - Copper and hammer MacDavid's line stupid. If they split off Draisaitl, good. Those two apart are far less than the sum of their parts, and the squirmin' German is BY FAR the weaker of the two. Then, we had just far better forwards everywhere and the better goalie. Regress that old dinosaur in the Oiler net right back into Jurassic Park where he belongs -- where he will someday turn into the Oil his team his named after, for some Alanis-Morrissette-alleged irony

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I love these for the road games, because every line has at least ONE sane two-way presence.

At home, I want us to load up MP - Lurch - Copper and hammer MacDavid's line stupid. If they split off Draisaitl, good. Those two apart are far less than the sum of their parts, and the squirmin' German is BY FAR the weaker of the two. Then, we had just far better forwards everywhere and the better goalie. Regress that old dinosaur in the Oiler net right back into Jurassic Park where he belongs -- where he will someday turn into the Oil his team his named after, for some Alanis-Morrissette-alleged irony
Alanis Morrissette is an amazing artist. That’s all.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Alanis Morrissette is an amazing artist. That’s all.

yeah you remember the movie Dogma? Where she plays God, and her only bit is when she opens her mouth and voicelessly 'sings', and Ben Affleck's head explodes? That wasn't CGI, that was a sane human listening to her incessant shrill a second too long. No, seriously, it's been a stunt double since then.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Odds makers have the Jets at 27 to 1 to win the cup. The only team with worse odds is Nashville. If the Jets win the cup I stand to make thousands. I don't know why people are writing off the team after that losing skid. Recency bias is real. Not that I think they'll win the cup, but 2nd worst playoff team? Not a chance. Also have some side bets on Connor scoring lots of goals. Wish me luck I'm going to need it.

JJ McCubbin

Apr 15, 2014
If the Jets can get a split in the first two games the Oilers will be under massive amounts of pressure.

McDavid will put up points but that doesn't mean the series is unwinnable. Jets beat the Oilers twice this year when McDavid had a 2pt night. McDavid is a juggernaut but the Oilers are not (and even if they were, juggernauts don't always prevail). The oilers are the favourites and rightfully so but that doesn't mean they're a guaranteed win. The Jets are capable of scoring 4 or 5 and winning a high-scoring game. Hellebuyck can stand on his head and steal a low-scoring game.

My head says Oilers in 5. My heart says Jets in Idontcarehowmany. I'm happy to lean towards the latter :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad