GDT: NDF: GAME ONE - 05/02 - Wild @ Blackhawks - 8:30 PM CT - 4:30 AM FIN - TSN, NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
The shot what went straight in with or without Bickell and the zero angle backhand are two relatively easy stops with right positioning. Atleast playoff goaltending standards.

You're selling the placement of Kane's shot short. It was a terrific shot.

I'm sure if he hugs the near side, and Kane banks it in off of the far side one the conversation would likely be the same, though.

J22*

I am not blaming Bryz for the loss at all, I'm just saying the 1st and 3rd goals were stoppable shots.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
I am not blaming Bryz for the loss at all, I'm just saying the 1st and 3rd goals were stoppable shots.

Stoppable? Yes but it would have been extremely difficult. First was deflected and the 3rd was perfect shot placement.

J22*

You're selling the placement of Kane's shot short. It was a terrific shot.

I'm sure if he hugs the near side, and Kane banks it in off of the far side one the conversation would likely be the same, though.

Stoppable? Yes but it would have been extremely difficult. First was deflected and the 3rd was perfect shot placement.

Please watch it again. Look at how much room Bryz gives him, and watch were the puck hits the net.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
To be honest, it was a great shot. And before that Brodin played himself out. Bryz gives him too much room, but that shot would've gone in even if there was less room.

Would've been a huge and an important save, game saver. But now it was a huge and an important goal by Kane.

J22*

"I've watched it over and over again", still a great shot.

Okay, since you're the goaltending expert, I have 2 questions for you.
1. How far under the crossbar and how far inside the post would you say the puck was?

2. Do you feel that the amount of the top of the net that Bryz left open would be considered acceptable positioning for a goalie?

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
Then you should have left it at that and left the condescending help sign out.
it tends to cloud out your attempt at sarcasm!

You and I both know I would have been absolutely barraged with garbage if there wasn't a helper.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
You can see Bryz makes the conscious effort to close down the five-hole, which opens up the space above his shoulder. This makes sense, because at that angle and speed, the odds are overwhelmingly good that the player will be shooting low, either intentionally because of the difficulty of aiming that precisely, or unintentionally because he couldn't get enough force on it.

I'm not saying Bryz was great tonight by any means, but come on, no point in picking on him letting in a Goal of the Year candidate.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Russo

Russo

That doesn't sound like Yeo. Interesting....very, very interesting.

He's hungry. He's had his first taste of real success and he wants more. And despite a pretty good overall performance by our guys, he's not happy with it because we didn't win.

Good.

After that kind of game you have to come back even hungrier in game two, and I think we will.

Anyway, this thread has run it's course, so back to the series thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad