GDT: NDF Game 2 Montreal Canadiens vs Winnipeg Jets 6/4/21 7:30pm EST USA / CBC / TVAS / SN / TSN690

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Statsny is day to day like you mentioned, but I believe right now he will be a game time decision again. Lowry and Perreault got hurt in game one, though they came back. Perreault in particular was in a lot of pain at the time.

Losing DeMelo is a huge blow for them though, assuming he doesn't dress. He looked pretty bad injury-wise in game 1.

Habs are center killers! Crazy how this has helped us (regardless of how).

MacKinnon should be worried :sarcasm: :facepalm:

Reactions: sandviper

RabbleMasterBlaster

J't'un gars d'chez nous
Jun 29, 2020
Singapore
Awesome stuff on the GDT!

Going to be interesting how chippy this game will be. I have a feeling first period is going to have no flow with a bunch of penalties.

Also, while I’m a little more confident today than I was Wednesday, we have to remember these aren’t the Leafs. The Jets will fight back and won’t just roll over for a sweep or any of the nonsense I’ve been seeing. Sure, it may happen, but boasting about it didn’t help the Laffs.

That said, let’s bust this tribute video out once again. We are 3-0 when I posted this:

Have yo noticed the boarding hit at 55 seconds? Was that a clean hockey play? :s

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
crush them.

kona.jpg

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Reactions: Habs10Habs and Jee

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
If Hellebuyck doesn't step up, they're in deep shit. I didn't realize how bad their defense is.

And if DeMelo is out, that is a big loss for them. If he can't go, expect Jordie Benn to step in.

With Scheifele out and Stastny injured, that is a hell of an opportunity for Habs to take.

Chantal Machabée said on French radio this that from what she hears, Stastny might be suffering from a concussion. But she didn't confirm because it's what she heard from some of the Jets' beat writers and she hasn't gotten any confirmation yet.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If Hellebuyck doesn't step up, they're in deep shit. I didn't realize how bad their defense is.

Hellebuyck had not chance on most of the goals we scored in game 1. Those were highly skilled plays but Habs not suppose to be a skilled team though :sarcasm:

We need to stick to our game and I'm sure Ducharme is focusing on that.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Game 5 vs. Leafs: 4 goals - win
Game 6 vs. Leafs: 3 goals - win
Game 7 vs. Leafs: 3 goals - win
Game 1 vs. JetsL 5 goals - win

15 goals in 4 games.

Notice the trend Habs? Let's keep this going.

Hellebuyck is the kind of goalie that can steal a game for the Jets. The way Price has been able to stone opponents all playoffs so far, Hellebuyck is the same. Once he gets into a groove, he can make the difficult saves that can come back and bite you.

But the important thing is to keep the Jets players to the outside. Which is something Habs did a masterful job of last game. In the 1st period, Jets only had 1 high danger scoring chance. In the 2nd period, they had none. Keep that up.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Just win. The best revenge for Evans is to take it to them and bury their playoff chances. There'll be plenty of time to exact some sort of justice for the hit, but don't let it take your eyes off of the prize.

Hellebuyck really settled in on Wednesday after the first. Try to get to him early and often again and come back home up 2.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

HTTP 400

Sep 1, 2007
Jets probably had it too easy against the Oilers, while Habs had to battle for every inch of ice for 7 games. You could see in game one they were not on the same compete level in game 1. I expect them to raise up the intensity tonight. I also expect the refs to be very active and engaged in the game to send a message to both teams. We'll have to leave the emotions behind and focus on a intense but clean game. Go Habs Go!

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
And if DeMelo is out, that is a big loss for them. If he can't go, expect Jordie Benn to step in.

With Scheifele out and Stastny injured, that is a hell of an opportunity for Habs to take.

Chantal Machabée said on French radio this that from what she hears, Stastny might be suffering from a concussion. But she didn't confirm because it's what she heard from some of the Jets' beat writers and she hasn't gotten any confirmation yet.
I believe he is out they said high ankle sprain last game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad